To Anyone That Can Help

to anyone that can help. i have a 07 rxp i took it out for the first time and it was fine. the second time i took it out to continue the 10 hour break in i could not hear the supercharger. so i took it into the dealer and they said i spit the shims. a month and a half later they put the stocks shims back in, rebuilt the oil pumps and put on a blow off valve and said i would be fine. i returned the beast to the water and continued the brake in. i took it out about ten more times and Had about 19 hours on it and the same shit happened again. so i took it in to the dealer for the second time and they said i spit the shims again. so now they are ordering the titanium shims, that are on back order for god knows how long and putting those in instead of the ceramic. does anybody think this is the way to go or should i go about this in a different way? please if anyone can help let me know what to do.
    thanks timetoshine!

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    by the way, welcome to the forum! sorry you are having such bad luck with your ski.

I have a customer who is on their 3rd clutch now with a little over 8 hours on an 07 RXP... it's rediculous.

Fortunately, they HAVE changed the components for next years 2008 models

thank you for the welcome. i have know idea how to use this site but I'm trying. so the titanium is the way to go

Quote Originally Posted by timetoshine11 View Post
    thank you for the welcome. i have know idea how to use this site but I'm trying. so the titanium is the way to go
    Welcome, and yes once they put the metal washers in , you shouldnt have a problem with the washers til around 100 hrs, the good: is your not going to damage anything else once the metal washers are in, the bad: it is a wear item and will require maintenance after 100 hrs or so, its like a clutch in a car, it will evetually wear out, also depends on how hard you ride. Do a SEARCH on metal washers and you will find tons of info on this issue. It will put you up to date with this.

Thread Information