Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1
    305coco's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    cape coral, florida USA
    Posts
    2,363
    +1
    55

    has this happen to you

    i need you guys to help me decide, i'll be driving 2 hrs tomorrow to riva to buy some carb springs. the jetting is 125m 110p 1.5n/s 95g spring does any one use the gold spring (115g) with this jetting? my pop-off is at 42-43 like it says on the pop-off chart but that pop-off is to low for my ski and flood's it with fuel if you stab it from a dead stop. i cut my springs as recommended to reach 42-43... with out cutting the 95g it was at 47-49 pop-off should i just put new untouched springs in there or gold 115g springs.. i posted a couple of days ago and nobody seem to have had this kind of problem


  2. #2
    Moderator beerdart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    25,930
    +1
    1,407
    Are you sure that the seat o-ring in holding psi???

  3. #3
    Robsauto2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, CA.
    Posts
    774
    +1
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by 305coco View Post
    i need you guys to help me decide, i'll be driving 2 hrs tomorrow to riva to buy some carb springs. the jetting is 125m 110p 1.5n/s 95g spring does any one use the gold spring (115g) with this jetting? my pop-off is at 42-43 like it says on the pop-off chart but that pop-off is to low for my ski and flood's it with fuel if you stab it from a dead stop. i cut my springs as recommended to reach 42-43... with out cutting the 95g it was at 47-49 pop-off should i just put new untouched springs in there or gold 115g springs.. i posted a couple of days ago and nobody seem to have had this kind of problem
    Are you sure its too much fuel thats causing the bog? My bog was the gas powervalves opening too soon.

  4. #4
    305coco's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    cape coral, florida USA
    Posts
    2,363
    +1
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    Are you sure that the seat o-ring in holding psi???
    i pressure tested all three carbs and they all held 40 psi

  5. #5
    Moderator beerdart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    25,930
    +1
    1,407
    Fuel demand is mostly regulated buy intake signal (Vacuum on the diaphragm) What intake are you running?

  6. #6
    305coco's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    cape coral, florida USA
    Posts
    2,363
    +1
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by Robsauto2 View Post
    Are you sure its too much fuel thats causing the bog? My bog was the gas powervalves opening too soon.
    it will happen before the p/v's even think about opening i could tune it to the point that is cripy if you blipp the throttle 1/4 it responds quick but if you stab it it boggs if you accelerate normal it'll be fine

  7. #7
    305coco's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    cape coral, florida USA
    Posts
    2,363
    +1
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    Fuel demand is mostly regulated buy intake signal (Vacuum on the diaphragm) What intake are you running?
    stock intake

  8. #8
    Moderator beerdart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    25,930
    +1
    1,407
    Lets start with what type of craft you have and any mods that have been done.

  9. #9
    305coco's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    cape coral, florida USA
    Posts
    2,363
    +1
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    Lets start with what type of craft you have and any mods that have been done.
    its an 02 12r, it came with r&d heads 140psi and the jetting was 125m 95p 1.2 n/s not sure about spring,,, no f/a's it ran like a champ, i added vf3s and rejetted to 125m 110p 1.5n/s 95g and it went down hill from there

  10. #10
    Moderator beerdart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    25,930
    +1
    1,407
    Installing reeds alone should not change your jetting. It sounds like you are to fat on the lows.


    THANKS RANDY!!!

    Start with the screws set at 1 turn out, and tune with the tachometer for peak Rpm, then stop there and count the number of turns on the high speed screws. Write this down on a piece of paper.. Then turn the high speed screws in all the way and open them to 1/4 turn open. (Now you will be testing starts only, so no more big high rpm trips around the course). You are only turning in the high speeds to allow you to easily tune the low speeds.

    Now check the low speed screws and set them at 1 turn and do a practice start; To test the low speed setting pretend that you just jumped the start and you have to start with no holder. Hold the ski by yourself and hold as many Rpm as you can (don't blow it out first for testing) and then nail the throttle hard.... NO FARTHER THAN 50 FEET, as you are only testing the start response

    If it blubbers like a schoolgirl trying to guzzle a quart of beer, then it's too rich on the low speed screws..
    If it falls flat on the line (like someone punched you in the stomach).. It's too lean on the low speed screws.

    When you like the acceleration off the line, stop there and count the number of turns on the low speed screws. Write this down on a piece of paper.. Then re-set your high speed screw where they show the best peak Rpm earlier and try both a start and a peak Rpm run...
    It will probably "blubber" a little off the line... DO NOT turn in the low speed screws... Instead, go back out on the course and fine tune for peak Rpm again.. The blubbering off the line is caused by having too much fuel in the high speed circuit... Write down your new high speed setting on the piece of paper along with the best low speed setting that you found earlier, this will be your base-line carburetor settings.
    If the high or low speed screws are open more than 11/4 turns, then you need to swap to the next bigger jet.
    If the high or low speed screws are closed all the way, then you need to change to the next size smaller jet.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-18-2010, 04:55 PM
  2. Has this happened to anyone?
    By bossdukes in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-18-2007, 03:34 AM
  3. Shibby says Don't let this happen to you
    By Dr Len in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 08-19-2006, 02:31 PM
  4. "WOW" could this happen to you?
    By peteshauling in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 06-25-2006, 04:19 PM
  5. Don't Let this Happen to you!!
    By Red Devil in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-19-2006, 09:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •