Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: UFC 75

+1

UFC 75

That Rampage got skills I didnt think he was gonna be able to pull it off on the ground but he held his own, fosho good fukin fight the others sucked.

+1
    You got that right sucka!!!!! I thought the beginning fights, as always, were pretty good. Its funny, those that have everything to gain go all out balls to the walls. Then they get to the top 5, they begin to fight differently, hahahaha.
    I gave the show a C+
    SHOOTER

I'll agree with Shooter C+. First two fights were good. After that not so entertaining. I'm still waiting for Cro Cop to show us something in the UFC. I wasen't happy with the judges call for the Bisbing, Hammel fight. Thought Matt did a better job. My opinion is the UFC needs five judges not just three.

I agree,Hammel won that fight without question.He owned the first two rounds,and the third wasnt that decisive.He was robbed.Bisbing is British,and fight was in London,go figure.

+1
    Actually I agreed with the judges on the Bisbing fight. I gave round 1 to Bisbing, round 2 to Hamil and round 3 to Bisbing. Hamil has a bad habit, a very bad habit, he'll take someone down and thats all he can do, keep them pinned to the ground. Hence, he's USA wrestling. I think his best bet would be to go to Randy Coutore and get trained to use those skills. Also, Bisbing was getting more hits in. Matt was just taking Mike down, then Mike would get back up. You have to improve on that position once you get the guy down, just taking him down isn't going to do it. The minute they would hit the ground, they were back up. There at the end Matt was taking some punches instead of going after Mike. He should have just gone all out, but Matt always tires out in the 3rd round. I think he needs more seasoning. Sorry been watching these since the very first 1, so you tend to realize how the judges begin to judge. Just taking someone down now a days isn't enough, you have to improve on the position or dominate on top, he did neither.
    SHOOTER

Quote Originally Posted by shooter98xpl View Post
    Actually I agreed with the judges on the Bisbing fight. I gave round 1 to Bisbing, round 2 to Hamil and round 3 to Bisbing. Hamil has a bad habit, a very bad habit, he'll take someone down and thats all he can do, keep them pinned to the ground. Hence, he's USA wrestling. I think his best bet would be to go to Randy Coutore and get trained to use those skills. Also, Bisbing was getting more hits in. Matt was just taking Mike down, then Mike would get back up. You have to improve on that position once you get the guy down, just taking him down isn't going to do it. The minute they would hit the ground, they were back up. There at the end Matt was taking some punches instead of going after Mike. He should have just gone all out, but Matt always tires out in the 3rd round. I think he needs more seasoning. Sorry been watching these since the very first 1, so you tend to realize how the judges begin to judge. Just taking someone down now a days isn't enough, you have to improve on the position or dominate on top, he did neither.
    SHOOTER

Not to be argumentative, but Hamil hooked Bisbing 's head with his left arm and landed approx 87 right hand punches to Bisbings face/head over and over for the course of three rounds. I thought the 2nd round was 50/50, no way Bisbing wins. On another note, I think Houston Alexander is the man to watch...he took a right hand flush from Keith Jardine and it only made him mad, this Sat he proved he was for real...also proved it enough that the promoters put Liddel in the main event with Jardine?!?! showing they don't want to see Chuck lose again so quick (as I think he would vs. Alexander). I just hope Rich Franklin fares better this next time Vs. Silva.
    Last edited by PhilnEdee; 09-10-2007 at 02:23 PM.

Poll at UFC shows most people thought Hamil won.

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=Poll.pollResults&qid=70

but, as with so many weird boxing decisions...it ain't what the majority of the fans think that counts...sad.

+1
    i think Hamill won... Rampage looked ok ,, Brandon Vera is going to be fighting(kicking his butt) Tim silvia..

+1
    Good performance by Rampage.

Faster Than a Snail on a Log mongorunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ski_crazy View Post
    I'll agree with Shooter C+. First two fights were good. After that not so entertaining. I'm still waiting for Cro Cop to show us something in the UFC. I wasen't happy with the judges call for the Bisbing, Hammel fight. Thought Matt did a better job. My opinion is the UFC needs five judges not just three.

your entire post is pretty much all my thoughts...

i was excited to see mirko fight, but his ground skills suck... i was depressed

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information