Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Vibration

+1

Vibration

After a few hours of riding, I was in a no wake zone and idling through. Once I cleared the no wake zone, I got on it and noticed some serious vibrations from the prop area. Anyone else come across this?

Quote Originally Posted by BluUltra250x View Post
    After a few hours of riding, I was in a no wake zone and idling through. Once I cleared the no wake zone, I got on it and noticed some serious vibrations from the prop area. Anyone else come across this?
    Yep, it was my seats.. I adjusted the bolts about 2mm lower and it's nice and tight. Be careful not to tighten too much or they can pop off when you have a second rider pulling up on the strap.

However, I still hear a noise that I swear I hear a helicopter following me from behind. I think it is normal but I haven't ridden another 250 to verify.

SeaDoocer
    I got the vib from my back seat also...sounded like everything was going to come apart..tighten the seat, that definitely helps.

( Had to go RXT.....Baby) Ultra Junkie's Avatar

Hope it's not but could be....

Quote Originally Posted by BluUltra250x View Post
    Hey Blue,

I had the same type deal with my ski at only 10 hours - do you have cavitation as well? If so look at your impeller - mine actually came loose at 10 hours and took out the impeller, pump housing and the bearings - dealer replaced it all under warranty - said it was that way from the factory. It got fixed after a week in the shop then it was out for a weeks and then more issues - it has been in the shop for 3 weeks now....

Just a thought...hopefully it is not what is going on with your ski.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    It also may be something you sucked up in the pump.

Why does everybody have to think the worst instead of starting with the simple things?

This side of the forum has become so negative.

TN 250, when I first joined GH you were my go to guy who answered all my novice questions, friendly and to the point. There has been some negativity as of late but also some great fun stuff too. Maybe you guys can let this go. If it will cheer you guys up any, I'm happy to report that even with a little gas in my oil I ripped 75 miles today in 2 to 3 footers, Tacoma to Seattle, got there faster than if I take my car on the freeway! I did forget to lock my winch tho and my gal slid off the trailer onto the ramp with a thud. Of course, there just happened to be a ton of people at the ramp who saw it. Up to that point I'd looked so dashing in my Orange Mustang High Collar PFD and helmet. A little humbling. A couple of gouges, but no holes in the hull so life aint so bad!

Website may not be suitable for small children WOT's Avatar
    I did the same thing to the wife's Ultra. It took 3 guys to lift it back onto the trailer. You can sand those gouges out with a $20 electric vibratory sander from Walmart. I used 180, 280, and then 400 paper. It came out perfect.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra250 Tn View Post
    It also may be something you sucked up in the pump.

Why does everybody have to think the worst instead of starting with the simple things?

This side of the forum has become so negative.
    I think it's something to do with the pump/prop area. The vibration is BAD. It's not the seat. I'll check to see if the prop is loose, etc. I'll post my findings.

check your pump seal for the grease on it that will do it as well...........

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    check the pump to make sure it is tight then check the prop. if it is loose it will cavitate and if it has already come loose, good chance the entire pump is toast....

been there done that... replaced under warranty.... if it is just the bearings though, i have two complete sets in my garage if you need them... 10$ plus shipping

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information