Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

10-Hour Break in Service

Did a search and couldn't find any topics on this so:

How many have gone to the dealer for the 10 hour service?

Went to the dealer today to have the instrument panel changed to MPH and while there asked how much was the 10-hour service. THEY TOLD ME ABOUT $220 I almost lost it!! I asked the service tech what was involved and gave me this loooong story about how they change the oil and do all these other stuff that sounded like bla bla bla

I left it at that. Spoke to the mechanic and asked him and he basically told me that all they do is change the oil and check to make sure the everything is in ok.

I plan on doing it myself, unless there's something I'm missing.

I think most take it to the dealer for that first 10 hour service, just to make sure verything is ok, because if you dont and something breaks they could have a good reason to not give you your warrenty...

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    ur not missing anything 220 is a little steep tho... it's a legit 1.5-2 hours of work if they actually inspect everything they are supposed to and change the oil plus parts...

175 bucks is normal for it... some places do it for 75, 99 bucks... and u know they ain't doin crap... 99 bucks for a 10 hour service is like taking your ski to jiffy lube.

the most important part about 10 hour service is changing the oil.... the rest is all inspecting things

Quote Originally Posted by Totallyblown
    if you dont and something breaks they could have a good reason to not give you your warrenty...
    How do they know I didn't take it to a dealer for the service? Do they save that type of information on the on-board computer?

+1
    I don't think you will ever have to worry about them denying a warranty claim based on not having a dealer do the 10 hour service. First of all, I don't think they can legally require you to take it to the dealer unless they offer the service for free. Secondly, as long as you can prove you did the service (i.e. keep receipts for oil and filter), there is no problem. Thirdly, they haven't even asked any questions about the 10 hour service on my warranty claims or those of anyone else that I know of. In short, you can do it yourself if you know how to do it.

Right you can take it anywhere just as long as you have PROOF of you doing so or PROOF of you doing it yourself (recepit, cehck lists for inspections, ect..) You just have to have proof of everything. With times and dates.

Im a Rude guy
    Ramnj call pasch marine on easton pa,they do it for 110.00,they did mine,if u need they number let me know,ed

Everytime your ski gets repaired or serviced at the dealer, they run the HID for any up-dates or recalls, and also input what work was done and when (hours). This way you can go to any dealer and any dealer can recall your ski info using the HID. so it`s catch 22, but nothing really stopping you from changing the oil yourself, keep reciepts or service records, Date, parts, and service performed. That`s what I do, but I did take the ski in for the 10 hour service, just to put on record...I don`t think mine was that costly, and Shibbs is right, most don`t do squat! they overfilled 2X...PR...

my dealear changed my oil for free LOL my ski sank at 9 hours. inspection was included also.

i still take it to the dealer for oil changes and inspections they don't over charge me, and if i would need there service for warreny problem they also tend to look at things differently.(good customer)

do your oil change at least at the dealer and tell him to do a fast 1/2 hour inspection thats all you realy need.

If I remember correctly I paid $350 but I had them do the 10 hr check up and winterize it also. Also my gtx is at my dock so they charged me $90 of that to just show up.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information