Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

My winter project

My rxt is going in for a little makeover this winter and would like some comments or thoughts on what we're thinking (well about 90% sure)of doing:

ss washers, yup I know 79 hours and counting

green wheel (since we're in there already)

riva intercooler, can anyone tell me where you can find an XS, any thoughts on performance difference?

42lb injectors, I assuming the stock ecu can handle this, yes/no??

riva thru hull with that shorty waterbox, love that sound!!! but wondering about the melting issues with riva, I understand the box isn't an exact fit so I'm also interested in finding the appropriate plumbing material (that won't melt) ???

Thermostat, if both perform about the same, then riva, any thoughts are again appreciated???

obviously, block offs are needed, i was thinking the riva standard ones, but now im seeing a few others that are bit more money??? What are the performance differences between the high and low end block offs?

Impeller, at this point, we're thinking of the one that comes with the riva S2 kit

Venturi nozzle, unless someone knows of 81 mm nozzle thats cheaper and better???

Tools: anything special besides the sc tool?

The ski already has all components of the riva s1 installed, which handles so much better now, wow.

Thanks guys, much appreciated. I see the results on the board and think this set up will come pretty close to 75, any guess guys??

Quote Originally Posted by ctriverguy View Post
    My rxt is going in for a little makeover this winter and would like some comments or thoughts on what we're thinking (well about 90% sure)of doing:

riva intercooler, can anyone tell me where you can find an XS, any thoughts on performance difference?

riva thru hull with that shorty waterbox, love that sound!!! but wondering about the melting issues with riva, I understand the box isn't an exact fit so I'm also interested in finding the appropriate plumbing material (that won't melt) ???

Thermostat, if both perform about the same, then riva, any thoughts are again appreciated???

obviously, block offs are needed, i was thinking the riva standard ones, but now im seeing a few others that are bit more money??? What are the performance differences between the high and low end block offs?

Impeller, at this point, we're thinking of the one that comes with the riva S2 kit

Venturi nozzle, unless someone knows of 81 mm nozzle thats cheaper and better???

The ski already has all components of the riva s1 installed, which handles so much better now, wow.

Thanks guys, much appreciated. I see the results on the board and think this set up will come pretty close to 75, any guess guys??
    Get the XS IC at http://www.siliconeintakes.com/produ...d779c5649ef362
    pm JFizzleJR for a complete kit ready to go block off and all.
    42lb are fine with the stock ecu.

unless you are running twin superchargers, your gonna have to decide wether your going with the Green wheel or the RIVA SII. Both are impellers. i suggest you do a little more research before jumping into this.

Website may not be suitable for small children WOT's Avatar
    Go with the Stage III SC. I have the green wheel. It is great, prolly the best bang for the buck, but it's just not enough for an RXT. I am only at 68 mph with a green wheel. However, I do still have the stock IC and stock air intake. And, I am hitting 8100+ rpm, so I know I can prolly break 70 with a rear intake and external IC. But, I think the only way to really make an RXT behave is massive HP.

Oh, and the skegs kick butt too. It turns so hard now that I can throw myself off every time if I push it hard enough. Without the skegs I could nearly turn it all the way at full speed and full throttle as long as I was leaning to the outside. It would just do a sweeping, large radius drifting turn. Now, anything above 40 mph requires careful application of full throttle steering if I plan on staying on the ski.

+1

twins sound like fun...

Quote Originally Posted by MIARider View Post
    unless you are running twin superchargers, your gonna have to decide wether your going with the Green wheel or the RIVA SII. Both are impellers. i suggest you do a little more research before jumping into this.

But i was thinking more a long the lines of the the solas 15/19 or the 15/20 and then the green wheel... Rereading it probably comes off a little misleading.

Question, is it possible to run a riva s3 sc impeller in the stock sc housing and can i run the 42lb injectors, with XS intercooler, stock ecu with that combo and not have it too lean and no exhaust manifold issues???

Also why is there such a huge price difference between the XS and the riva intercoolers, a can understand a little difference but a thousand is crazy. thanks guys

But i was thinking more a long the lines of the the solas 15/19 or the 15/20 and then the green wheel... Rereading it probably comes off a little misleading.

Question, is it possible to run a riva s3 sc impeller in the stock sc housing and can i run the 42lb injectors, with XS intercooler, stock ecu with that combo and not have it too lean and no exhaust manifold issues???

Also why is there such a huge price difference between the XS and the riva intercoolers, a can understand a little difference but a thousand is crazy. thanks guys
    Yes, you can run the s3, stock ic and 42# injectors just fine. I did that for awhile before my XS.
    Price difference? Riva markup and research. You can put 4 XS's in for 1 of Riva. Guys have had very good reliability with the XS on here.

+1

lafjax

just to clarify, you're running a sc3 wheel, xs ic, 42lb inj, on the stock ecu, with no exhaust or lean ?A/F issues??? thanks again, this is great info

I'm kind of a big deal SeanCucf's Avatar
    the S3 sc'er comes with a new front housing too, just so you know. you still use the rest of the stock charger, however.

+1
    But i was thinking more a long the lines of the the solas 15/19 or the 15/20 and then the green wheel... Rereading it probably comes off a little misleading.The 15/19 will give you a better hole shot over the 15/20.. If tweeked right they both are similiar on top end.Im running a 15/19 at 78-79 mph with a similiar setup to what you are going to do...Gonna try my 15/20 and see what if any the differance will be.

Yes you can run the S3 Sc wheel with that combo no problem.You have to change out the front housing for the s3 wheel to fit..but if im not mistaking when you order the s3 wheel it comes with the front housing too

Also why is there such a huge price difference between the XS and the riva intercoolers, a can understand a little difference but a thousand is crazy. thanks guys Cant help ya here

Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    Scott remember hes running a RXT not RXP. So he wont be turning 78-79. That 15/19R might even be a little tall for a rxt and Greenfan.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information