+1

ride plate & trim ring combos

the riva plate can bring the nose a little to high at times. what dou you think about the results of using the plate to bring the nose up and the trim ring upside down to help keep in the water? plate surface forcing up and nozzle forcing down. is this wasting energy?
    would it be better to have stock plate and ring up? just wondring about the differences in theory before I test. what dou you all think?

+1
    I haven't received my ride plate yet but if the ski rides to high, I plan to try the stainless steel intake grate to bring the nose down while increasing hook up.

Quote Originally Posted by born riding View Post
    the riva plate can bring the nose a little to high at times. what dou you think about the results of using the plate to bring the nose up and the trim ring upside down to help keep in the water? plate surface forcing up and nozzle forcing down. is this wasting energy?
    would it be better to have stock plate and ring up? just wondring about the differences in theory before I test. what dou you all think?
    Just fill the front up with cold beer!

If you feel the plate is making it ride too high, just use some stainless steel washers around certain bolt holes under the plate to adjust the angle. That will solve your problem. No need for the upside down trim ring etc.

+1
    Do you have the wedge installed with the Riva plate? I do and I agree that it gets it up a little too high. I am going to pull my wedge and see how much it lowers the nose.
    Jimmy

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    you might shim the ride plate down a little bit.

Keep the stock plate

Keep the stock plate.
    Aftersales plate are only to make you spend money.. Unless you re riding on flat water, you ll be disapointed for the money spent and surely behind stock ultras in the rough...

Quote Originally Posted by Whooper View Post
    Keep the stock plate.
    Aftersales plate are only to make you spend money.. Unless you re riding on flat water, you ll be disapointed for the money spent and surely behind stock ultras in the rough...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Whooper View Post
    Keep the stock plate.
    The Riva plate is the best mph gain for the money hands down. I did not notice any big decrease in rough water hook up. Behind the stock ultras in the rough? Don't think so. Where are you getting your info?
    Last edited by Beagleman62; 09-12-2007 at 04:54 PM.

Really!

Thread Information