Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Will work on YOUR ski for FREE! GeoRXT's Avatar
    +1

Should I be dissapointed?...GPS #'s

Mods are in my signature, pretty basic.

I went out with my new gps and got only 65 on the dot! Now, this was with a full tank of gas, I am 165 lbs, 77 deg water temp, 84 deg air temp, and the altitude was between 1-3 ft. I was dissapointed to say the least. I ran it for a while trying to get the gas down with no luck and with 2 bars missing of gas it ran a best of 66.2 mph. I saw peaks up to 66.7.

Opinions?

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    what's your oil level? what prop are you running and what pitch? how's the wear ring? how's the hole-shot acceleration? ... rpms were 8100 even when u tested today??

Those numbers are not bad for the few mods you have.I assume you are still with the stock prop,the RPM's are normal for a lightly moded ski.The wedge without a different intake grate doesn't make a lot of differance.Untill you do additional mods I would say these numbers are pretty much in line with your mods.

Will work on YOUR ski for FREE! GeoRXT's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485
    what's your oil level? what prop are you running and what pitch? how's the wear ring? how's the hole-shot acceleration? ... rpms were 8100 even when u tested today??
    I checked the oil level before I left and it was perfect. Stock prop. Wear ring seems fine. Hole shot it's normal I guess. I punch it and it does not automatically fly out, but does it pretty quick. RPS's at 8100 yes.

I'll burn off some more gas this monday and see if there's a difference with 1-2 bars of gas.Then I'll put the vortec s/c impeller.

SC impeller will help lower end and mid-range not add much to topend. You need the Riva Intake Grate will help holeshot and stop any cavitation on take off.

+1
    Let me guess next RR new SC impeller (still not available) Then Stock race ignition. Then bigger intercooler. Then a new prop. It never ends does it. My guess it will take all this to break 70.

I`m still waiting to see what ours does with all the stuff!...PR...

Quote Originally Posted by rxpstan
    Let me guess next RR new SC impeller (still not available) Then Stock race ignition. Then bigger intercooler. Then a new prop. It never ends does it. My guess it will take all this to break 70.
    What a coincidence, these are exactly all the mods that i will be testing in my moded stage II RXT very soon

Oye boricua, your ski top end speed is right in the money for the mods and weather conditions that you ride, when my 05' RXT was stock (only for 2 hours).. my best top end speed was only 63.5 mph (Gps) so i installed a stage II race package and gain another 5 MPH with a huge increase in accel. but if you ask me which mod was the "best bang for the buck" in my moded RXT definitely i will have to say the "PPG tweaked solas prop" HANDS DOWN...

To give you a teaser, this last sunday i grudge raced a moded RXP with a complete Riva stage II package, the water was very calm he was using a (out of the box) Riva 14/19R solas prop with a first generation R/R ECU, as you can see this guy was ready for action, according to him his ski was doing 72 to 72.5 MPH @ 8400 peak rpm's in (Gps) my RXT best speed numbers (BEFORE the PPG prop) were only 68.5 MPH and sometimes but not to often 69 MPH @ 8100 peak rpm's using my OEM stock ECU and prop, well to cut a long story short we raced 4 times from a dead stop, my ski was in the reserve almost in fumes showing the "low fuel" code in my LCD his ski was showing 3 fuel bars, we raced 4 times from a dead stop and i holeshot him everytime and never look back

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    with a 4" air intake, thru-hull exhaust, pump wedge, and NOPAS i ran 68.3 mph with a STOCK prop on the rev limiter....

next time out i installed a SOLAS 14/18.5 with those same mods, nothing changed... and i ran upper 70s all day with a 71.2 peak speed @ 8100

you are 5-6 mph slower than me... i am the last to put down anyone's accomplishments, but i can't accept that NY versus miami is 5 mph slower

Quote Originally Posted by rxpstan
    Then Stock race ignition.
    Stan, why you pick the stock "recreational" R/R ECU over the new flashed race ECU? enlight me please, thanks, Ray

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information