filling intake grate / plate holes ??

Anybody try this yet ?? what were the results... thanks Chris..

I'll ask this again, has anyone tried filling the intake and ride plate holes ??

I saw on a nother post that not sealing the ride-plate robbed 1.5 mph, so filling the holes on both the intake and plate should be worth something, no ???

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris288 View Post
    I'll ask this again, has anyone tried filling the intake and ride plate holes ??

I saw on a nother post that not sealing the ride-plate robbed 1.5 mph, so filling the holes on both the intake and plate should be worth something, no ???
    I did it on my LX & it was worth about .75mph

Jim

Talking Holes

I put the new riva plate on tonight in my driveway, 2hours was doing the plate, the other hour was filling EVERY SINGLE BOLT AND SCREW hole!! And being as neat and clean about it as possible!, I hope I don't Die tonight in my sleep from licking and keeping spit on my fingers while smoothing it out!!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by SPEEDJUICE View Post
    I hope I don't Die tonight in my sleep from licking and keeping spit on my fingers while smoothing it out!!! lol

HAHAHAHAAH I know exactly what you mean about that, I'm kinda a perfectionist when it comes to smoothing out RTV or potting at work, I'm sure it's on my list of things to die from, along with the few times I've swam in JP-8.....

What are you guys using to seal up the grate and ride plate holes ?? I have heard of pushing rope into the hole and then using marine-tex or something similar that is sandable to smooth it out. If you have to take the plate off just punch through it with a screw driver, fish out the rope and your bolt heads are accessable...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris288 View Post
    What are you guys using to seal up the grate and ride plate holes ?? I have heard of pushing rope into the hole and then using marine-tex or something similar that is sandable to smooth it out. If you have to take the plate off just punch through it with a screw driver, fish out the rope and your bolt heads are accessable...
    yeah that's what I heard, a little piece of rope is a great idea.

I haven't sealed my rideplate bolt holes.

Just a H-20 HO....Need I say More! Mykull's Avatar
    Just shove some tinfoil up the hole to cover bolthead, then take JB Weld and shove it in next. When it starts to harden take a razorblade and trim it down if need be. If you wanna get fancy with it then take some sandpaper to it. If you need to take it out, just tap a screwdriver or small awl or chisel on plug till it starts chipping away and falls out.

Thread Information