Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Being dragged kicking and screaming into 1997 afcblink's Avatar

'04 Genesis w/ 5 hrs - hmm, I don't know...

My wife and I would really like to find a nice clean Genesis. I found one locally that I'll probably go look at tonight, but I'm having REALLY mixed feelings about it. According to the seller, it saw the water exactly once, shortly after being purchased new in 1994. Shortly thereafter, they had "family problems" and it has never left the garage since. I was told that the hourmeter shows 5 hours and supposedly it looks "showroom-new." The asking price is a lofty $6900 OBO (including a similarly unused Shoreland'r double), but it's been on the market for a while. The woman I spoke to said that there'd been a lot of interest, but everybody wanted to talk her down close to bluebook.

The idea of finding a truly showroom-condition Genesis is really tempting, and I understand that in that condition it's going to go for significantly more than bluebook. But that price is really high, and I am not sure I want an injected motor.

Any comments as to the value or desirability of this (assuming it's really as described)?

screw that ! 6 k seems alot , its prolly is a nice ski , but that fuel injection might need serviceing one of these days an who in the hell is gonna service it ,

you can buy 3 skis for that much even if you dont shop or haggle that great

+1
    The problem is as soon as you put some decent hours on it, it's worth less than retail blue book which is roughly 4200 bucks.
    You also have end of season around the corner, figure it'll drop a minimum 300 clams before you really get to ride it.
    Sitting all that time dries out seals, maybe plugs injectors, stuff like that.
    I think it's too much money and I know I wouldn't go more than retail (It would have to be perfect) plus 300 for a single place trailer.
    BUT as long as the buyer and seller agree on a price I guess it's O.K.

Being dragged kicking and screaming into 1997 afcblink's Avatar

Thanks for the reality check.

Thanks for the feedback. The more I think about it, I probably won't even go look at it. Genesii are rare, but I am going to hold out for a carb'd version at a reasonable price.

BTW, if anybody's got one, let me know...

there are plenty of virages and sltx s to go around , the carb is a good idea , you can buy 10 of thousands of carb parts , but those orings are a hard 2 find , or friend dash came in here once looking for a set an they were pretty hard 2 find ,

so what appeled to you about the genisis , the 1200 ? the 3-4 seating ?
    the looks ? personal comments of otheres

oh ya by the way about the lake perry ride dont tell the othere half its 68* out side

Wankel till I die!! jonjonwells's Avatar
    Wow that is expensive. I can actually pick up a new in the crate Honda ski for that price. Same as everyone else, I wouldn't trust it without replacing almost every gasket/seal in the thing.

Wankel till I die!! jonjonwells's Avatar
    Lake Perry???? Tell me more.

I wouldn't give $6900 for two of them in that condition. I would stay away from the injected skis.

Just my 2 pennies worth.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 97sltx1050 View Post
    there are plenty of virages and sltx s to go around , the carb is a good idea...
    Roughly how hard/impossible/stupid would it be to convert an injected Genesis or Virage TX to carburetors?

If fuel injected Polaris 2-stroke motors keep trending towards becoming the "least wanted" Polaris models, and resale pricing declines accordingly, would it make some sense to convert them?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information