Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Albany NY area riders

Hello everyone! Looking to see if any other PWC fans/riders in the area would be interested in putting together some sort of local club/group to ride,chat,host PWC related functions,share ideas,tech stuff,etc.

+1
    Check the Hudson River Ride (Albany Area) thread. There are several of us but we haven't put anything together yet. Mcrowley and myself are planning on going to the river this weekend as of now. I don't mind if people join, he probably doesn't either. There are only a couple weeks left to ride. I really need a wetsuit!

Where do you guys launch? I used to launch at the Corning Preserve, but I found the rowers to be quite obnoxious, they think they own the place . I now Launch from Rensselaer. I thought it would be a good idea to try & find others locally who were into PWC as much as myself. If it helps, I have a shop right near the river,& dont mind lending a hand ( or wrench) to someone who might need it.Looking forward to making next season the best yet.

+1
    We launch at the ramp in Glenmont, NY (Henry Hudson Park). It's about a 5-10 minute ride on the water to the alive at 5 and places near that. Mcrowley knows more. Like I said, I'm riding this weekend, I think he is too and you're welcome to join. What ski do you have and any mods?

I am up for a ride whenever--although this weekend I will be in PA for family party

but I will ride anytime after work during week--I launch usually near Port of Albany if riding Hudson or Lock 7 if riding Mohawk

always looking for people to ride with--and I have a wetsuit, so my season is longer--as long as it can get!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    We launch at the ramp in Glenmont, NY (Henry Hudson Park).
    This is a great launch and it's free. A few weeks ago I was there at noon on Sat w/90* temps and there were only two trailers there. http://www.townofbethlehem.org/pages...enryHudson.asp

i live in guilderland but i have never ridden on the hudson...
    i got a house in lake george and i ride on the northern end

What day this weekend? I have launched at H.H. park plenty of times!( I live in Ravena) Nice spot if you want to BBQ with friends /kids. As far as my skis, here goes 2002 XLT R&D plate,waveeaters,dplate. 2006 GPR Stage 1 W/ Island racing mod4 plate. 96 XP Rossier exhaust,Skat trak impeller, R&D, grate & wings. 85/88 nozzle MSD water inj & MT rev limiter( ALMOST done) 91 VXR650 stock PINK & 2001 XLT 1200 project hull . I also have a 1999 Regal LSR2100 boat.Buddys skis-Dennis- 1998 GP1200-Solas XO R&D power plenum,Beach house sponsons,Protec Grate, R&D reed stuffers & spacer plate Tau Ceti trim tabs.Glenn- 2004 seadoo gtx sc.2003 Gti LE - stock.Chris- 2006 gti 130 hp. stock. Mark-1996 Kawasaki zxi 900 stock. Its not too often we all get out at the same time, but thats pretty much our "crew" .Looking forward to meeting/riding with you guys/gals keep me posted.Thanks, Jack

+1
    Saturday. Don't know what time yet, probably around 11am-1pm is when I'll launch. Bring your fastest ski and a bunch of money to lose when we bet on races (j/k)

Dont make me break out the VXR! LOL!! I dont know if I will be riding on Sat. But, I would like to stop by & introduce myself & meet you guys. I will stop by the park at about noontime. If your plans change, please let me know. I can be reached at work 9a-5p . 518-463-4649 . Thanks, Jack

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information