Thread: Rude vs. B Kit

Rude vs. B Kit

Has anyone done back to back testing on these superchargers...? Does one have an edge over the other?

I know they are very close in boost, how about volume? The B Kit is anodized billet, is the Rude? Does the B Kit construction make it any better?

I will be buying one or the other...sooner, not later...which to get?

One more thing...the difference in the original B Kit and the 'New' B Kit is what exactly...I understand the 'new' one is slightly better? How does one tell the difference?

I think I might have a chance on a used B Kit...but I would be interested in any other oppurtunities if any are out there!

+1
    They are similar in performance. The new B kit uses a billet impeller. Billet impellers are great because they are light weight, but they can flex and cause touch downs. The Rude Charger uses a cast impeller which is heavier, but it doesn't flex like a billet impeller would. This is exactly why we chose cast when we went with the Green Charger impeller.

The B kit and Rude both use modified Seadoo/Rotax SC housings and stock 06 spec shaft kits with metal washers.

You make a good point, what a surprise ...so the weight savings is worth little to nothing...but the fear of touch down...that is a concern...thanks Jerry.

Might just have to go Rude S/C to match the Rude Cam...

sandrock & i just tested 2 very tuned identical rxp's both setup exactly the same except rude & b kit. both ski's are identical its like tit & tat....

Yeah, Sandrock told me about those results, he said pretty much the same thing 'six one way or haf dozen the other'....

I know performance wise they are pretty much identical after Sandrock's and your testing results, that was an identical test if there were ever one...but the build/construction material is what I wanted to know more about...which would last longer...Rude seems to be safer against flexing and touchdown...?

I have taken apart more "B" kits than I care to remember and a significant number of them had severe touchdown causing a performance issue not to mentione aluminum dust being ingested into the engine.

At this point, I have not seen one Rude charger that had any touchdown whatesoever. Like others have said, when comparing both superchargers in new condition, they both are at about the same plane performance wise as long as the clearances in the "B" kit are correct. The Rude is MUCH more consitant though as the clearances are checked during production of the compressor housings and blades prior to and after final assembly.

Quote Originally Posted by ARNYGOLLOTT3 View Post
    Yeah, Sandrock told me about those results, he said pretty much the same thing 'six one way or haf dozen the other'....

I know performance wise they are pretty much identical after Sandrock's and your testing results, that was an identical test if there were ever one...but the build/construction material is what I wanted to know more about...which would last longer...Rude seems to be safer against flexing and touchdown...?

This is why we value this forum so much...thanks again Jerry for setting it up.

Thanks Brian for contributing too!

Thread Information