Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

New to site! Ultra 250x owner with oil/gas issues

After several weeks of reading different posts on this site, I finally decided to join and post. I have been a long time boat owner who in June switched to a PWC. After shopping for several weeks, I decided to go with the Ultra 250x based on multiple reviews and I have to say, I have truly enjoyed this machine. I do have the same issues with fuel mixing in the oil and as we speak, my ski has been in the dealership since Friday for the second oil change in less than 12 hours. I have some optimism since they are awaiting a part after "Calling Kawasaki" I hope they aren't lying. The other problem I too have experienced is major loss in power. Perfect example: Took my ski to Lake Tahoe were I have registered 67 MPH in the past couple of weeks and then last week I was only able to pull 54 MPH. I sure hope these are not signs of additional problems to come. If they replace a major part, I will surely update this site since several other Ultra 250 owners haven't received good support from there dealers.

+1
    Toes and fingers crossed, I hope your problem(s) is no big deal and you get some speedy results. These guys need some good news!!

Oh and WELCOME to the Green Hulk Forums!!!

Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome Tahoe!

Nice to see more west coast peeps. In the last few weeks it's been pretty wild around here....glad to have ya. There are lots of threads here that have some great info....read back in the thread history and check out the search feature. We have a lot of good tech info (and a lot of jabber too!)

Your speed issue might be due to failing spark plugs, have them check that out!

+1
    Welcome Tahoe! I live in Minden,Nv.!

SeaDoocer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe250 View Post
    After several weeks of reading different posts on this site, I finally decided to join and post. I have been a long time boat owner who in June switched to a PWC. After shopping for several weeks, I decided to go with the Ultra 250x based on multiple reviews and I have to say, I have truly enjoyed this machine. I do have the same issues with fuel mixing in the oil and as we speak, my ski has been in the dealership since Friday for the second oil change in less than 12 hours. I have some optimism since they are awaiting a part after "Calling Kawasaki" I hope they aren't lying. The other problem I too have experienced is major loss in power. Perfect example: Took my ski to Lake Tahoe were I have registered 67 MPH in the past couple of weeks and then last week I was only able to pull 54 MPH. I sure hope these are not signs of additional problems to come. If they replace a major part, I will surely update this site since several other Ultra 250 owners haven't received good support from there dealers.

Please do...any insight would be helpful..can you find out what part he is referring to?

Tahoe; Have them clean out your Intercooler; it is probably coated with oil from the excess blowby. This is probably the problem if your ski is NOT running rough (plug problem).. Welcome! LordBlack

snapper455
    see if they will ck the BOV also. you can ck it yourself as well, remove the 4 10mm nuts and washers from the rear seat bracket and lift it off, loosen the hose clamp and unhook the long black hose from the BOV thats on the side of the intercooler that runs up to the air intake box. back the trailer in the lake and then start the boat and hold the throttle wide open while holding you hand over the BOV, the BOV should not release any air until the engine starts hitting the rev limiter real hard.

With oil in the intercooler it should still run over 7500 rpm and go over 60 easy on a gps

I will definitely ask today what part is on order. At least they have admitted they have seen this problem on other ski's. When I first took my ski in 2 weeks ago to have them originally change the oil, they also blew out some of the lines. The service manager is a younger guy and to date, they have been very helpful. I know he was going to contact Kawasaki yesterday simply because when I took my ski back in on friday, I also had a long list of problems that I had documented in writing. Hopefully, he will check everything all of you have mentioned since I had notes regarding fouled plugs, BOV problems and such. I have already had them examine the recall problem a few weeks back. Strangely enough, the dealership called me regarding the recall and then the very next day, I received a letter from Kawasaki. We will see later today if its complete.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by snapper455 View Post
    see if they will ck the BOV also. you can ck it yourself as well, remove the 4 10mm nuts and washers from the rear seat bracket and lift it off, loosen the hose clamp and unhook the long black hose from the BOV thats on the side of the intercooler that runs up to the air intake box. back the trailer in the lake and then start the boat and hold the throttle wide open while holding you hand over the BOV, the BOV should not release any air until the engine starts hitting the rev limiter real hard.

With oil in the intercooler it should still run over 7500 rpm and go over 60 easy on a gps

Use caution if you decide to run the ski WOT while backed into the water and still on the trailer. Make sure the trailer in completely parallel to the tow vehicle and the ski firmly strapped to the trailer (front and rear). If backed in at an angle, the whole thing might jack knife...the pump is putting out a lot of thrust. Actually I wouldn't attempt running it WOT unless you had a twin trailer which would be a more stable plaform.

Richard

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information