Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Green SC wheel

Green SC wheel

I installed this a few weeks ago and went up to our family cottage along the Ottawa River. It is always flat so it is ideal for recording speed. Prior to installing the Green Wheel my best was 70.3.
    Now with the Green SC wheel installed, 72.1 was my top speed, and the acceleration was a day and night difference compared to before.
    My best speed achieved with 4 bars and less, with the trim one notch above center.
    My RPM's were constantly at 8100. Never seen higher. I know the limit on the stock ECU is 8150 correct? So since I never hit that, is it safe to assume a depitch is not needed. It may once the colder temps come.
    So based on my mods do these numbers look correct?

I can honestly say this mod was absolutely worth it. I thought the pull of a stock ski was good, but now the response and pull of my ski is awesome. I can only begin to imagine what the RXP-X will be like.

+1
    On a stock ECU, the rev limiter is 8200. 8100 is perfect. No need to mess with your prop.

Franko

let me ask you this.....i hade the stock prop and my rpm was 7900, now i just instaled the solas 14/19r and my rpm is 8150, is it to high ?...oh the outside temp was 90, what my rpm gonna be when the temp go down ?
    should i mess with the prop or just live it as is?
    thanks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by pet View Post
    let me ask you this.....i hade the stock prop and my rpm was 7900, now i just instaled the solas 14/19r and my rpm is 8150, is it to high ?...oh the outside temp was 90, what my rpm gonna be when the temp go down ?
    thanks
    Well, At 8150, you may be banging the limiter right now. On the stock ECU, it is not as easy to tell if you are hitting the rev limiter as it is with the racing ECU's. If you are, you are losing performance. You surely will be banging the rev limiter when the weather gets cooler. I would try to pitch it for 8050-8100.

+1
    Awesome results!

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by pet View Post
    thanks

I would play with the pitch to get the 14/19 down from 8150 to somwhere around 7900-8000, BECAUSE of the heat....Then, when the cold air comes back, it will be back at 8100...which is spot on...

air temp was high 80's and very humid, so I think I'll see a little more as the temp drops.

I am confused. Why would pet's RPM's increase with the replacement of stock impeller with the solas 14/19 shouldnt he have lost RPM's.
    I am asking because I have a 14/19 on the way for my C180 and expected to have to repitch it to get my RPMs back.

is there that much difference between skis sometimes i have almost the same set up as north 49 (there are some differences) and i see easy 73.5 to 74 mph with almost 3/4 gas tank plus stock full in front tray?
    is it weight of person? i know air and water temp will affect things?
    or is it i just got lucky?

I think it is just some people are lucky. My ski has always been slow. I weight about 175 so I would not consider myself a big person. I recall your results and thought my ski was still slower then others with the same mods.
    I was at 67 (roughly) when stock. Minus the green wheel I was at 70.3 and with the green wheel just over 72. The same GPS was used in all cases. The GPS did show 73.4 once, but I do not have faith in those results as I have never been able to hit that again.
    I need to refill the grate bolt holes again as I had the grate off recently but I do not think I'll gain anything significant there.
    I was happy with the 2mph and acceleration increase.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information