Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

R&D fuel/oil fix revealed ???

Found this pic. in another thread, looks like a secondary catch can and some additional plumbing, looks pretty simple. People have been speculating about what it will actually fix, if anything. It appears the fuel will still be getting into the oil but will be seperated through the additional catch can... I wish they would release it already, i'm VERY curious to see if it will solve the problem with those who are experiencing it...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fuelfix.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	451.9 KB 
ID:	38295  

+1
    I saw that picture too. I don't yet know where the additional lines go to but does the filter allow the gas fumes to pass into the hull? BOOM!?

Quote Originally Posted by Livin on the Edge View Post
    I saw that picture too. I don't yet know where the additional lines go to but does the filter allow the gas fumes to pass into the hull? BOOM!?
    It's possible....

I'm thinking R&D's mod might cost more than people are expecting....Normally nice catch cans like that go for about 80 bucks....

I'm still trying to think of where they are running those other hoses to....Didn't get a chance to look last night.

To me, until I figure out where they are running their other hoses to, it seems this will help the oil in the intake issue for the people that stil have that issue. Not sure how it's going to help the fuel in the oil pan
    Last edited by Arcolog2; 09-11-2007 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcolog2 View Post
    It's possible....

To me, until I figure out where they are running their other hoses to, it seems this will help the oil in the intake issue for the people that stil have that issue. Not sure how it's going to help the fuel in the oil pan
    I thought that was the purpose, keeping the fuel out of the oil..

Where did u find this photo?
    Anyone knows if its a piston ring issue or leaking nozzles?
    Is this available for sale?
    I dont see it at R&D site.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcolog2 View Post
    It's possible....

I'm thinking R&D's mod might cost more than people are expecting....Normally nice catch cans like that go for about 80 bucks....

I'm still trying to think of where they are running those other hoses to....Didn't get a chance to look last night.

Oil in the intake issue? That has more to do with oil level.

I WANT THIS NOW! I've been whining for a catch can mod for a long time since Skip posted his experience with the blowby. I have been changing oil after every ride to protect my engine and to to cover my ass if this goes legal; I want to show that I took every measure possible to protect my ski from damage even though Kawa is not; I plan on recovering my costs later if possible, so it makes sense to fix it on my own; my local "super dealer" knows "nothing" of the problem... So, if anyone can get one of these or make one for me I really don't care what I pay for it; please PM me if you want. Best, LB

Quote Originally Posted by lordblack View Post
    I WANT THIS NOW! I've been whining for a catch can mod for a long time since Skip posted his experience with the blowby. I have been changing oil after every ride to protect my engine and to to cover my ass if this goes legal; I want to show that I took every measure possible to protect my ski from damage even though Kawa is not; I plan on recovering my costs later if possible, so it makes sense to fix it on my own; my local "super dealer" knows "nothing" of the problem... So, if anyone can get one of these or make one for me I really don't care what I pay for it; please PM me if you want. Best, LB
    Call R&D, they said it would be a couple of weeks a couple of weeks ago...

Just a H-20 HO....Need I say More! Mykull's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GODOSIDIS View Post
    Where did u find this photo?
    Anyone knows if its a piston ring issue or leaking nozzles?
    Is this available for sale?
    I dont see it at R&D site.
    Godosidis, The picture was taken at Nationals in Tenn. by forum member/racer "Born Riding"...it is the Ultra owned by Skip313....Call R&D 562-906-1190 and have them put your name on the waiting list, it is not on their website yet. Hope this helps ya....Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Mykull View Post
    Godosidis, The picture was taken at Nationals in Tenn. by forum member/racer "Born Riding"...it is the Ultra owned by Skip313....Call R&D 562-906-1190 and have them put your name on the waiting list, it is not on their website yet. Hope this helps ya....Mike

Thanx Mykull

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information