Thread: Riva Sponsons

Riva Sponsons

Any remarks or comments on the Riva sponsons?? I want to get them. Will the help with top end at all or slow it down? Thanks for the input

05 RXP

Peter

+1
    Don't know about any speed increases or decreases. Don't even know about other sponsons out there. Here's what I know. I love these sponsons. These things handle great, look better and are a snap to install (as most probably are). In fact I put them in the down position and have never changed them. I would suggest getting at least a medium slip seat cover otherwise you'll be tossed when these things grab (until you're used to them).

Don't think about it anymore, just get them. I guarantee you'll be glad you did. I feel the same way about the Riva intake grate. I had the OPAS off when I installed these sponsons so that's what I'm basing this opinion on.

No difference in top end but feels more responsive, I luv em

re

I ordered them...WIll be here tomorrow

Peter

+1
    Congrats, you'll love them. Just pray for no spinning studs and your install will take no time at all. Don't forget the Loctite!

Yep,

I ran into the spinning studs on two of them. They had so much loc-tite on the stock sponsons it was sick. Get a head start tonight on removing the stock ones in case you run into that.

If you do, no prob, just heat up the nut and stud with a heavy duty sodering gun and it will break down the loc-tite like butter.

Sponson really make the boat a safer. If you hit boat wakes at high speeds with the stock sponsons i didn't feel very stable. After the Riva sponsons it was very stable. I give them a thumbs up.

I love my sponsons also. One trick to mastering the turring is keep you weight on the back with the trim down and try to turn the ski flat while you use your legs and it just hooks the turn. do not try and lean and turn that is one mistake I tried like I was riding my XP. once you master it you will feel how the ski can accelerate out of the turns. I have won 2 CC races with my RXP and 2 other top three finishes. The only reason I took a second and thired place was I missed the bouie. The same bouie in both races LOL. not even the limited skis could keep up off the line

re

Thanks for the input guys. I actually like the way the ski was handling in turns, but the wakes and rough water make it seem worse then my ultra. I know I will be able to be even more aggresive in my turning

+1
    Has anyone tried the new Aggressor Sponsons? I know they worked very well on the Kawasakis. They are priced very reasonable too. We get $244 for the Riva's while the Aggressors go for only $145 (retail is $184.50). Seems like they would be the hot ticket

Richard
    hpmarineltd@aol.com

Thread Information