Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: im serious

im serious

i dont have a ski but obviously would like one. i just wanted to know whats the fastest skit that can pull and wakboard with a decent wake? thanks fellas!

08 rxtx
    im assuming its out of ur price range for a first ski, so you should get the 08 wake edition, 215 hp intercooled supercharged engine and a ballast tank that holds and extra 250lbs for better wake size and stuff like that so the boarder can do more advanced tricks on them
    make sure you change out the ceramic supercharger clutch washers that is if even the 08 WAKEs have them, as far as i know only the x-models do

for info on the washers look under the "links" section on the left hand side on the site page and click sc clutch failure

I'm kind of a big deal SeanCucf's Avatar
    no, 08's don't use ceramic anymore. bye bye sandblasting oil pumps.

+1
    thats correct all 08 models have metal washers, so no more problems

sweet

I don't think any ski is going to have the wake you're looking for.

Jet ski's tend to have a wake the goes way beyond the rear of the ski and wide, but it's only dirty water, there's no appreciable wave like with a boat.

I've pulled guys behind my RXT with me (200) and a spotter (200) and it's still not a very good "wake" craft.

But the best craft will obviously be the RXTX. However it's going to cost you your first born. Especially unless you're able to put a down payment/get on a waiting list and not pay a dealer markup for the demand.

Like Fatty said, There really isn't much of a wake behind a ski. A ski just doesn't displace enough water to create a wake. I think you could fill your ski with the max weight capacity and you won't see a wake like empty boat will produce.

I've compared jumping my own wake on my ski compared to jumping a wake from a 20' boat. Even if the overall height is the same, the boat wake is much more solid.

I think if your looking to learn or just try it out a ski is "okay" at best. If your looking to get some air off the wake to do tricks then i think you need a boat.

Welcome to the forum Gorilla!

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsRXT View Post
    Like Fatty said, There really isn't much of a wake behind a ski. A ski just doesn't displace enough water to create a wake. I think you could fill your ski with the max weight capacity and you won't see a wake like empty boat will produce.

I've compared jumping my own wake on my ski compared to jumping a wake from a 20' boat. Even if the overall height is the same, the boat wake is much more solid.

I think if your looking to learn or just try it out a ski is "okay" at best. If your looking to get some air off the wake to do tricks then i think you need a boat.
    it would be better than normal with an 08 wake with that fancy new balast tank

The ballast tank will fit on the previous RXTs so I am told as well.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information