Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Pirhana front mount install question

OK I got my front mount (thanks Jerry) and like a [email protected]$$ I went blank on the install (so to speak). Do i just install it, use the shims that are in there now or what? I know (at least I think) aligment issues need to be taken car of.
    Thanks

+1
    u should be able to measure each mount and shim accordingly. i found the Pirahna mount closer to stock spec in height/measurement than the Rotax as the Rotax is a few MM smaller than stock height. the Pirahna being MUCH CLOSER though to STOCK height. i woudl get shims either way because you are right though and to do it RIGHT RIGHT you should at least align the motor to the hull boot with the sea doo tools. unless yours is already which u can ck with the aligment tools. hope it comes out good!

+1
    Bummer for me no Sea Doo tools

+1
    u can do it WITHOUT tools but if your off NOW u will still be off upon reassembly is all (most likely). if u measure and correct for DIFFERENCE in the (2) mounts u will still be in the ballpark where u currently are depending on tightening and such. should be fine if u measure correctly. im sure LOTS of people DONT have tools i just happen to have them cause i want it RIGHT RIGHT! PERIOD!

remove the bolts,remove old mount, keep the shims in place, install the new mount, you are done.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXP Steve View Post
    remove the bolts,remove old mount, keep the shims in place, install the new mount, you are done.
    Thats all there is to it , whew
    Thanks

+1
    that works if the mounts are Exact same height!

I have to say, when i put mine in, I just put it in. I reused the OEM shim and hardware. I didn't notice any problems. Be sure to put some locktite on the bolts.

Now that said. If you want perfection, you will need a tool. I think most of us just install and go. I'm sure there is tolerances that we are within. Besides how do we know(most of us don't have the tool) that the Factory setup was perfect to start. Then there is the compression of rubber over time. There is always the perfect way and what will work way.

Quote Originally Posted by REID2168 View Post
    that works if the mounts are Exact same height!
    My rotax racing mount was a tad shorter. I installed it and never had an issue at 8600 rpm's and 80+ mph.
    The Pirhana mounts are sized perfectly.
    The stock rubber mount does compress a tad when the motor sits on it, keep that in mind as well.

+1
    i will say this and then DROP it! we ALL look for MAX RPM AND PERFORMANCE RIGHT?? well i know when i WATCHED my buddy drop the ROTAX mount that was 2MM minimum SMALLER in height is his boat that his RPM DROPPED and he ALSO LOST 3MPH immediately. then he put back in the STOCK mount and it came back! its called driveline bind and its real whether anyone believes it or not and it will ROB RPM! PERIOD! if your boat was bad it could get WORSE. maybe in some cases it even gets BETTER because it could in some cases depending on angle to pump which depends on pump shoe aligment to the hull itself. all i know is it can effect and hurt performace if they are to far off and make driveline angle from rear motor to front of pump to great and rob RPM's and also make ceramic drive shaft seal leak causing water ingestion and cavitation. so i think it might be a BIT more important than some suggest just because MOST get away with it! some may not! im done!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information