Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Problems in the Classifieds!

Ok I noticed a few people are unhappy with the rules in the classifieds and how posts are just being deleted left and right because of the violation of rules.

Here are the rules that are posted...

Classifieds Rules

1) No Commercial products or paper "packages". Please contact Green Hulk or miketrin if you have a product you would like to sell to the members.

2) Do not post criticism of someone else's item for sale. If you think that the price is too high, don't try to negotiate the price down on the thread. You can email or PM the seller.

3) The first person that replies to the item for sale agreeing to the terms, should get the sale.

4) If you sell something and are paid for it you must ship it. Anyone reported as failing to complete the sale will be banned from the site.

5) Do not cross-post and posts need to be specific to the manufacture.

6) Use general classified section for items not related to a manufacturer.

7) Titles must state location and for sale, for trade or wanted. Items without indications will be deleted.

FS: = an item for sale
    WTB: = an item that you want to buy
    TRADE: = an item you want to trade for something
    Items must include a price.

9) Do not link to ebay for commercial products or services.

10) No illegal, illicit, or stolen items.

11) Auction or Best Offers are NOT allowed and will be deleted when found or reported.

12) Indicate whether the listed price includes shipping.

I agree with every single rules listed but one. This might sound dumb but it is rule number 7. Really it isn't even the rule. I use FS: and WTB: all the time, but if someone forgets but has a title like "Playstation 3 For Sell" or "Ported 1300R Cylinders For Sell" ect... it shouldn't be deleted. It should be fixed by the mod on duty in the classifieds section. It takes just as much effort to change the damn thing as it does delete it and don't tell me it doesn't.

But really, what is the point of enforcing rule number 7? Why can't "For Sell", "Want to Buy" or "For Trade" be enough?

Discuss!

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    what about rule #11.... can we post a FS thread that links to our own PWC that we listed on ebay?

Shibby I would say negative! It would be deleted which really, I think is lame.
    We can post about a guy having a ski on ebay saying it goes 80 when it goes 65 then make fun of it but we can't post our own for our benefit.

Such a shame

I sent miketran a pm about this issue on number 7. Then I asked if he could think about it or change it and if not I would just contact someone hire up. I decided the cause would be stronger if I did a post. He sent this reply

"do what you want. i could care less."
    Last edited by Chrisrokc; 09-11-2007 at 09:32 PM.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    well you gotta understand.. miketrin can get frustrated... he does more than anyone knows for this forum... he literally KEEPS IT RUNNING, and does all our dirty work for us moderators so we dont gotta feel like the bad guy, lol.

at heart, miketrin is a great guy, but it's a catch 22 bc he can't make everyone happy and i'm sure gets PMs like you can't imagine about people being so nit picky about stupid stuff.... we dont like to be dictators about moderating the forums, but we do like a sense of organization and respect. ultimately that's ALL it comes down to... ORGANIZATION... post in the correct forum, dont double and tripple post..... RESPECT.... dont name call, cause trouble, turn everything into pissing matches. if everyone can just organize and have respect there would be zero actions puruised by moderators, just overlooking by us

there's always room for change, so everyone can rationalize ideas for the betterment of the forum, but lets do it respectfully.

i too would like to be able to post a link to an ebay auction if i'm selling my ski there... and i'm a moderator inquiring about this, so i do not hold myself to any higher standard than reglar forum members

+1
    Mike trin is about as high as you can go here. Jerry leaves the day to day running of the site to him. There really is no higher up. Why is it so difficult to follow some simple rules. Use WTB or FS in the title. This entire issue is so trivial.

+1
    FS or WTB is just recommended. Please just specify so people browsing can tell what's up with the post.

I question the ebay one too. Pointing out that you have something on ebay doesn't seem like a bad idea. I am open for suggestions.

I've moved the rules to 1 place so there's not 100 copies. Not trying to be heavy handed, just trying to help you guys out. Rules make more work for us but we don't try to be like Hugo Chavez when it comes to enforcing.

+1
    Rule #9 states do not link to ebay for commercial products or services. You can link your ebay ski auction no problem.

Lol! I just want this post to be a forum on how we can make these rules better. Hell it is us that use the classifieds, we don't want it to restrict us right!?

+1
    I'd like to hear from RX951 (billy) about the ebay rule. That's been a a big ? lately. Credit goes to him for helping iron some of these out.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisrokc View Post
    Lol! I just want this post to be a forum on how we can make these rules better. Hell it is us that use the classifieds, we don't want it to restrict us right!?

Ofcourse not, we want everyone to be happy. We just want some organization in the classifieds.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information