+1

Riva through hull install question

Ok I got my Riva through the hull pipe (thanks again Jerry) like a idiot I lost my template so I downloaded a new one from Riva, but when I taped it up it looked to low so I measured it with my old one I did last year and it was lower. The bolt holes were quite a bit closer also, if I were to drill with this template the holse saw will drill into the four flange holes. Not to mention it will be to low. What am I doing wrong here? Heck I cant even get it to butt up to the edge like the directions say to.
    Thanks,
    Mike

+1
    on the three i did i put the template up to the hull bored the outlet hole then puth the outlet back in to the hull and drilled the bolt holes using the outlet itself putting the bolts into the holes as i drilled each one! im a REDNECK HILLBILLY though so u might want to get one these guys with the EXPERT opinions to tell u what to do!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by REID2168 View Post
    on the three i did i put the template up to the hull bored the outlet hole then puth the outlet back in to the hull and drilled the bolt holes using the outlet itself putting the bolts into the holes as i drilled each one! im a REDNECK HILLBILLY though so u might want to get one these guys with the EXPERT opinions to tell u what to do!
    Reid,
    Actually we must both be hillbillys as that was what I was planning to do my first concern is not getting it to low where it is going to end up as it mow with the templat as is taped to the back
    Last edited by mstennes; 09-11-2007 at 09:23 PM.

+1
    be honest if u reverse it set it up to the hull u can get a better feel for where to put it that the template cause i did! even though i used the template the first time and for a guestimate the next few! if u look at the hull it has lines in it running down at a v and i tried to get well above that part to get the BEST seal possible as i DIDNT see the outlet flexing any and wanted as big a FLAT surface as possible!

+1
    Just finished installing my thru hull a few hours ago. Used the supplied template and it too would have placed the hole just about 1mm too low for my liking. So..what to do....

I rough fitted the new exhaust pipe inside the engine bay and marked the center of where it would contact the hull. Next, I fetched 2 tiny, but curiously strong rare earth magnets (one for inside...the other for outside). Positioned them to double check the mounting tolerances needed for the tip. Marked the center spot and then proceeded to cut a huge friggin hole in my ski. After the main hole was cut, I too drilled the 4 bolt holes after the tip was fitted. Added a lil "Right Stuff" to the mounting surface of the tip for precautionary mesaures and bolted everything up.

Nice flush install with an amazing sound. One more toy my neighbors are already hating.

+1
    RXPwildchild great work bro glad it turned out for u!

+1
    Honestly, the worst part was removing the outer nut that secured the VTS rod. It completely refused to loosen, but gave in after a lil pursuasion, some launched tools, and some foul language. I can't say how big I was smiling when I heard the new exhaust note. I'm soooo ready hear it in the water.

Thread Information