What's The Final Word On The Modded Waterbox

I've read so many post on the modded waterbox. All my 3 grand got sunk in fixing the stupid ski so I could get to 0 so I wont' be getting the thru hull for a while

Gut it, Cut it, Make three holes in it, it long, cut it short, cut it REAL short???

Somebody give me the best updated way to do the waterbox mod, and tell me If I'm going to blow a hole out of the side by doing so.

Thanks Yellow

Gotta love this sport! 05Limited's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by yellow4 View Post
    I've read so many post on the modded waterbox... Gut it, Cut it, Make three holes in it, leave it long, cut it short, cut it REAL short???

Somebody give me the best updated way to do the waterbox mod, and tell me If I'm going to blow a hole out of the side by doing so....
    ... I wish I knew

+1
    I have my waterbox cut and cut short ..Its completly gutted..everything inside is gone..I had a forum member insist that i was gonna blow a hole in it because:

Water boxes that have (ZERO) baffles do not circulate water under the pan in the bottom and melt a hole in the pan and out the bottom. The more your ski is modded the higher the egt's the shorter wot you can run before Water, not steam has to circulate under the pan. AND W/O some baffle in the WB you may experience hard starting issues because the WB has too much water in it. Ask me how I know.

Thats why I DONT ANY BAFFLES OR PAN in mine and havent yet had any problems..I know of a few other guys running the same setup with no problems either...I even talked with Jerry about this and he said as long as you do it that way there will be no problems...You will see a improvement in acceration not much in top speed unless your running high rpms... the thing sounds sounds bad ass..turns alot of heads when you go by..So If i were you i would say do it...Here is the link to the thread were we dicussed the waterbox issue..there are pics of mine and Dannys waterbox before,during and after..there is alot of info in this thread about doing this..also by doing this you cut your back pressure almost in half which means the engine will breathe alot better..

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...light=waterbox

My "Underwood" shorty is good for Rotax thru hull and I've run it all summer at high speeds with zero issues.

Thread Information