yellow, Red water flow reducer?

I have an 05 RXT supercharged ski. Took my pump off to check pump everything seems okay. noticed that had a yellow water reducer. the factory shop manual. says that the RXT uses a yellow one but the supercharged GTX 4-TEC engine uses the red one should I insist in putting in a red one. Ski has over 30 hours on first season and nop complaints or problems. Thanks

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    huh??

the manual says the RXT gets a yellow one... and you said urs has a yellow one... why would you want a red one?

the red is only for the GTX Supercharged skis, not the RXP or RXT

The red one is for the GTX because it does not have the intercooler.

Quote Originally Posted by mitch411RXP
    The red one is for the GTX because it does not have the intercooler.
    I did a little search: even the GTX LTD which has the IC still uses the red reducer. (unless I mis-read)

Hence, since my install of the Riva IC in our GTX SC, I installed the yellow reducer, will test it soon, as long as the waterbox does not fill up with water during idling, it will be good.

One way to tell is if you have a stumble off idle, (exhaust pressure blowing out the water) and then it accellerates normally, knowing that everything else is in order. you have to much flow...

Do a search in Perf forum for water reducers and read up on that...PR...

+1

Question

Hi guys. Im wondering which part you are talking about being the water reducer, is it the hose pipe connector that is by the side of the pump. I ask because a friend of mine has an 05 rxt that is lagging on exceleration some times after a period of ideling in the water. he was told to leave this connector out of the ski when being used and only to use it flush the ski out. Maybe i am confused about the reducer that you are talking about but the simptoms that you described in the thread seem alot like his. any help would be great!! cheers

The reducer is between the pump and the pump shoe. You can only see it after the pump is removed...
    It restricts the waterflow to the exhaust system and intercooler(if so equipped).
    Your friend is talking about the water flush connection, which is on the hull outside of the pump.
    Here's a pic of a red restrictor, after the pump was removed...
    Last edited by gtxsc03; 02-20-2008 at 01:01 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    I did a little search: even the GTX LTD which has the IC still uses the red reducer. (unless I mis-read)

Hence, since my install of the Riva IC in our GTX SC, I installed the yellow reducer, will test it soon, as long as the waterbox does not fill up with water during idling, it will be good.

One way to tell is if you have a stumble off idle, (exhaust pressure blowing out the water) and then it accellerates normally, knowing that everything else is in order. you have to much flow...

Do a search in Perf forum for water reducers and read up on that...PR...
    That is interesting if they show the GTX LTD w/ic uses the red one. I drilled out my red one to same size as the yellow one when I added the XS ic to a gtx (non - intercooled). I did not notice any difference but I have only tested once. Also had a boost leak so test was not accurate, but I do not think any loss off the line or stuter, in fact I thought the throtle response was definitely better even with the leak.
    I guess should have ran first w/red but I figured I would need more h2o.. I added the bypass hose to the riva thru hull so another reason i thought i needed more water.

+1

Wink

Thanks guys after a little more digging on here i found the information about the reducer i was after.

I just made my yellow reducer 1 mm bigger to fit with my stage 2+ on the 215 scic because of the groco strainer and ext IC wich will restrict a little i gess, what do you guys think !???
    still working on the engines so canīt test yet. anybody tested something similar??

thanks
    ciao jim

now it is 9 mm( bit les then 3/8 inch ) thats what i found over here as a good size 3/8 inch (9.5 mm)
    Last edited by jimjim; 02-21-2008 at 06:24 AM.

Thread Information