Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Riva Rear Intake for RXP

WHat sort of gains can I expect from this intake? I just installed it last night and plan to test on Saturday. It a REAL tight fit in there now......

Quote Originally Posted by Antiguan RXP View Post
    WHat sort of gains can I expect from this intake? I just installed it last night and plan to test on Saturday. It a REAL tight fit in there now......
    Expect a 150 RPM and 1mph gain over the Riva 3" intake (when running proper RPM) and a 300 RPM and 2mph gain over the stock intake (when running proper RPM). Also expect better acceleration.

Your SC can now "breathe" better. You are allowing it to draw in a larger and cooler volume of air. This will increase your HP a little bit and you will need a steeper pitched prop depending on your current RPM. That is where the speed and accelerartion gain comes from.

+1
    I was running the 3" intake spinning a 15/20 at 8000 RPM average. RPMS would rise 50-80 RPMS when the Hatch is openned slightly. (More cool air)
    I hear the sound is amazing with the Rear intake.

+1
    That Riva rear air intake is the best intake you can put on your RXP. You will love it!

i took off the filter cover and u gain some rpm
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiguan RXP View Post

It is awesome...performance and sound! I love it, make sure you mod you grab handle so it can have all the cool air it wants...!

Definately an improvement on my ski!! I love it!

Ok Dumb Question but i just want to make sure

I read some were that haveing one is great for calm water, but if you like wave jumping and goin through rough water then this intake is not for you.

Is this true

+1
    in my personal REDNECK opinion it shouldnt matter how fast or what water conditions are if your moving FORWARD as water is NOT coming up the back of the SKI period. now when u start doing spin outs and getting that rush wave up the back in a SOMEWHAT stalled out position in a SPINOUT then the rear intake will ingest water if the boat is stalled whille spinning out. not shut off running stalled but just as in cavitates a second before initially taking back off forward and a rush of water runs up the back like it would on any boat. then in this situation it may ingest water because it rushes up the back if the ski RIGHT behind the seat onto the top of the Rear Riva Air Intake! thats what i have noticed anyway!

+1
    as well i would have to say BIG wave jumping would ingest water as well upon the landing as the rear of the ski will somewhat submerge cause this RUSH of water up the back of the ski as well. high speed jumping off the back of boat wakes will NEVER do it as i have been doing it all summer and NOT once did it hesitate from water ingestion but i was moving forward at a very fast speed so thats why but HIGH jumps with hard landings would produce the SAME EFFECT as a spin out with water rushing up the back and onto the rear air intake under the seat. hence injesting water.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information