Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fuji 780 pisser

Fuji 780 pisser

Where would I tap the cooling system to add a pisser to my 1996 SLT780 ? Just want to see water flow not for cooling

+1
    You can T into your water inlet or outlet hose to verify water flow.

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Preferably the outlet. So you don't dump cooling water overboard before it gets to the engine.

+1
    I prefer the outlet as well but it's because I want to make sure the water is flowing through the engine. It's a good way to find a blockage or bad thermostat, although the sensor should pick up the overheat.
    The water inlet will also supply enough water to throw it overboard without affecting the water supply to the engine. I can't remember who it was but they determined there was enough water through that 3/4 inch line to supply at least 2 engines.

I have mine in the outlet and get no flow at idle and very little at speed. Was just wondering why ? I put a 3/4 x 3/4 x 3/8 tee in the outlet between the T-stat housing and where it connects at the through hull exhaust fitting.

Smile

Let me tell you how I added a pisser to my 780 SLT. First I retained the T-stat and pop off valve in the cooling rail. Then I removed the factory flush fitting in the rail directly opposite the warning sensor and put in a brass 90 deg fitting to route the (new) hose to the pisser. This makes flushing at the pisser a snap( no seat removal, etc.) and it pisses quite nicely out the back.

+1
    Excellent idea, what do you use to flush at the pisser??
    Have you seen the flush kit for the pissers?? Saweet piece!!

+1
    Pisser flush kit.

Thumbs up

Yep, I made something very similar to what you show out of an old wash mach hose. But you know what else works excellent? My buddy keeps a lenght of 1/2" garden hose in his truck w/ the male end cut off. The hose is pliable enough that you can just hold it against the pisser fitting and it seals watertight w/ water on! Discovered this when we were at a ramp w/ hose bibs but no hose to wash down the ski`s. I wanted to do a quik flush so I just held it against the pisser fitting and it worked better than the rig I made.

Quote Originally Posted by BBCaprice View Post
    Let me tell you how I added a pisser to my 780 SLT. First I retained the T-stat and pop off valve in the cooling rail. Then I removed the factory flush fitting in the rail directly opposite the warning sensor and put in a brass 90 deg fitting to route the (new) hose to the pisser. This makes flushing at the pisser a snap( no seat removal, etc.) and it pisses quite nicely out the back.
    With this setup and not removing the seat, are you not clamping the cooling inlet from the pump? I really don't understand how it's not just flowing through the flush fitting and out through the normal inlet. Edjumacate me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information