Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Prohibido usuario
    +1

Need an impeller

Does anyone have a stock rxt impeller they want to get rid of? Also does Jerry's store have the stock wear rings fore sale? I looked but couldn't find them.

+1
    Sorry, i don't have the stock wear rings in the store. That is something i plan to add in the future though.

Jerry, when people install the stainless wear ring, wont that cause whatever you may suck up, to take out your impeller, rather then a cheap plastic wear ring?

NCNEAL check your PM I have both. Sent you a PM hope it got through if not PM me the RXT propI have is new never been in water took it off new ski.

+1
    Denali, if you suck up something big enough to take out your impeller you are going to take it out with a plastic wear ring too.

I have one SS wear ring with 70-80 hours on it with no issues. I would have replaced 10 plastic wear rings over that period of time.

Other manufacturers use stainless wear rings. Its a cash grab for Sea Doo. Stainless is the only way to go.

Also, with plastic you will continually notice a deterioration in performance. With stainless your performance remains consistant.

To do the stainless wearring you need to do the triple bearing first,I wouldn't put the stainless wearring in a stock pump.Mainly because of the shaft deflection you get with a stock pump.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman
    To do the stainless wearring you need to do the triple bearing first,I wouldn't put the stainless wearring in a stock pump.Mainly because of the shaft deflection you get with a stock pump.
    ditto!...PR...

persoanlly id rather change the plastic wear ring here and there then to do all them upgrades just to run the ss ... plus i like the idea of fucking up a 40.00 wear ring rather then a 300.00 prop ....

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZEDRXP
    persoanlly id rather change the plastic wear ring here and there then to do all them upgrades just to run the ss ... plus i like the idea of f$%k up a 40.00 wear ring rather then a 300.00 prop ....
    look at it this way: You stock wear ring will get F`d up on it`s own from sand, shells, use causing cavitation etc. so it`s not just the SS wear ring, but basically bulletproofing your pump as long as you maintain it. It will then be oil instead of grease, which does require more frequent servicing, also the multiple bearings stabilize the shaft better for deflection,
    you knew that...PR...

+1
    I ran a SS wear ring with a stock pump for 40+ hours. No issues!
    Just keep an eye on it. You don't have to spend the big bucks for the pump mod right away.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information