Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    3 x 1800 feeding my obsession sconti stellari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Posts
    516

    d plate question

    had a mechanic tell me that my d plate was in crooked the instructions say that it only goes in one way. riva did install it so i would not be surprised. any thoughts please!!!


  2. #2
    Never say never KirkF350's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Midlothian, Texas
    Posts
    4,433
    +1
    3
    I think he forgot the sequence is puff, puff, pass and he forgetting to pass. Seriously though, I "think" it may be able to go in 1 of 2 ways but I can not see what difference it would make. Back pressure is back pressure. I know that statement may cause debate, but just my 2 cents. Do a search of d-plate. There was a post a couple of months ago where this was talked about.

  3. #3
    philip_gpr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,724
    +1
    3
    Riva did it right - there are locating pins so it can only go in 1 way

  4. #4
    3 x 1800 feeding my obsession sconti stellari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Posts
    516
    Quote Originally Posted by KirkF350 View Post
    I think he forgot the sequence is puff, puff, pass and he forgetting to pass. Seriously though, I "think" it may be able to go in 1 of 2 ways but I can not see what difference it would make. Back pressure is back pressure. I know that statement may cause debate, but just my 2 cents. Do a search of d-plate. There was a post a couple of months ago where this was talked about.
    did the search and found a post by wfo he said if the plate is reversed then it will be slightly crooked that must be what my mechanic meant
    thanks for helping kirk

  5. #5
    Never say never KirkF350's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Midlothian, Texas
    Posts
    4,433
    +1
    3
    Cool.

    I still do not understand why this would make any difference.

  6. #6
    3 x 1800 feeding my obsession sconti stellari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Posts
    516
    Quote Originally Posted by KirkF350 View Post
    Cool.

    I still do not understand why this would make any difference.
    not a 100% sure it does. I have heard that 2 strokes have very fine tuned exhaust. I also seen a thread the other day someone stated that with the cat in the exhaust forms the shape of the d plate on the cat. If this is true it would cause turbulance having the d plate crooked.


  7. #7
    Never say never KirkF350's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Midlothian, Texas
    Posts
    4,433
    +1
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by sconti stellari View Post
    not a 100% sure it does. I have heard that 2 strokes have very fine tuned exhaust. I also seen a thread the other day someone stated that with the cat in the exhaust forms the shape of the d plate on the cat. If this is true it would cause turbulance having the d plate crooked.

    Maybe so, but R&D sells one with a cone shape with a hole in the middle.
    Never mind, I don't want to beat a dead horse.

  8. #8
    Moderator beerdart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    25,930
    +1
    1,407

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Transom plate question.
    By porksword in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-08-2007, 08:50 AM
  2. ride plate questions
    By Lvnspeed in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-04-2006, 07:16 PM
  3. Hot ride plate question?
    By Alex13 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-27-2006, 10:07 PM
  4. Hot ride plate question?
    By Alex13 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-27-2006, 10:07 PM
  5. Another D-Plate question!
    By Chrisrokc in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-20-2006, 03:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •