Catching Up

Need Engine $ Info

Alright,

Need some figures and pro's/cons on the following. I have a line on a GP1200 Hull with a popped motor, piston& crank & 1 carb is busted. Looking at getting it and replacing the power plant in it and making it the wife's ski. I already have '04 GP.

So what I'm thinking my options are right now are:

1. Drop a stock carb 1200 back in there.

2. Drop a stock carb 1300 in there.

3. Drop a EFI 1300, what would be the hang ups with the conversion

4. Drop a larger CC motor in there, give recommends. Would love to do RXP power plant in it but not going down that road right now.

If some folks could give some $ values for the parts only and some potential headaches from past experiences let me know.

What I'm looking for out of it, well at least one of our ski's will be: Something that the wife can ride and keep up and have fun with everyone. Right now I have a prop, intake, and ride plate on the '04 which would be fine for what she does. But I'm not wanting to go to extreme if I get the other boat.

It'll be later before I can field any questions so bear with me if you request further input.

Thanks.

Catching Up
    Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    Mach you do not have to post a new thread when you first post has not been replied to. Maybe no-one has a reply for you as your question is very broad.

I just figured there would have been some kind of feed back. I'm not worried just suprised. No body take offense.

So where could I start looking for a cost for a complete motor?

This is a lot easier with cars. Or I'm still not looking in the right place.

+1
    It's cool. If it were my ski for the Wife. I would drop whatever you can afford into it. Give us a $ figure you are shooting for and we can recommend some stuff.

+1
    I just rebuild my 02 1200 66V with new crank all new pistons and all the goodies for $1300.

+1
    Mach,how fast do you want this ski to go? I find this funny,you say its your wifes ski and considered dropping a RXP motor in it! LMAO...you sound like me,honey,its your ski,really it is! while im out in the garage tearing it apart as she sits in the house,helplessly wondering what im doing!

Seriously,i would consider a motor rebuild and leave it stock,UNLESS you want more performance,then we can also help you in that department.

+1
    How do you spell " Reooww"? (Like as in cat claws)

Catching Up
    Well I agree, in part it is mine but she's as much of the finiacial backing in the house hold as I am. I wouldn't be able to come close to living like I do with the toys if she wasn't here so. Plus she doesn't give me any shit about my hobbies.

So back to the important thing at hand. I would rebuild it but I'm under the impression that when it let loose it was a catastrophic failure. In car terms I would say the block has been ported or cracked. So It looks like I'll have to get a full unit.

As for the speed, I have latitude. I could build the new one for me and run it. Let her have the one we have now which runs around 70 to low 70's. I'm not looking to build a speed machine. I'm wanting something that is quick but still pretty reliable. I would say right now I wouldn't want to spend more than about $2000 to $2500 on the power plant. But If I can get something less that will still preform than I would be all up for it. More money to put toward the other toys I have.

Thread Information