Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Plate Angle vs Body Weight

Guys i know everyones plate angle varies and spending time to get your sweet spot takes time well worth it.What I want to know is how much of human body wait plays a role to the angle of the plate.

Example heavier body weight less angle less body weight more angle.
    My body weight 105Kilos(230pounds) plate .930 Tabs .120 superman on the buzzer 81.3mph when it give more angle just bounces when i try to superman the ski.

Body weight might not play a roll at all but unless I ask it will always be in the back of my mind.

Mike

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Hello Mike, .930 is not much angle. At your speeds i would drill the 2 inch extension and put 2 bleed valves and then set the plate at .980

Quote Originally Posted by Mik72e View Post
    Guys i know everyones plate angle varies and spending time to get your sweet spot takes time well worth it.What I want to know is how much of human body wait plays a role to the angle of the plate.

Example heavier body weight less angle less body weight more angle.
    My body weight 105Kilos(230pounds) plate .930 Tabs .120 superman on the buzzer 81.3mph when it give more angle just bounces when i try to superman the ski.

Body weight might not play a roll at all but unless I ask it will always be in the back of my mind.

Mike
    Take a 20 thousand or maybe a little less and put it under the back of each trim tab and try it again . if still bouncing put a little more till it stops and see if your speed increases. Then when you get that figured out put a little more angle on the plate and start all over again till you find your fastest set up.It might just be less angle less shims on everything.

+1
    When you guys throw out numbers like .930 or .980 or .120, what exactly are the numbers referring to and measuring, and how are you measuring? Angles, but ... ??

+1
    Vern - they are references to the plate angle. We dont actually measure the angle its the distance between 2 points. The higher the number the higher the angle (most end up arounf 5 degrees).

For the .120 that is how far the trim tabs are shimmed down - the farther down the better the ride but it slows you down.

+1
    OK, thank you. So do you put a straight edge from the front to the rear of the ride plate, hold it at 'zero angle' and measure from the straight edge up to the rear of the ride plate to get the distance difference (which corresponds to the angle)?

+1
    Correct

Quote Originally Posted by mrbtd View Post
    Vern - they are references to the plate angle. We dont actually measure the angle its the distance between 2 points. The higher the number the higher the angle (most end up arounf 5 degrees).

For the .120 that is how far the trim tabs are shimmed down - the farther down the better the ride but it slows you down.
    It does not always slow you down

Vern I put a straight edge on the shoe and measure the back of the plate to the straight edge if that makes since to ya. i have 1.00 give or take .03. If ya have ever looked under a gpr its amazing what the engineers were thinking about I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by GPRPITMAN View Post
    It does not always slow you down

This is true

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information