+1

Where can I get spark plugs now?

I ordered spark plugs through my dealer and they said they were on backorder. I need plugs now! Anybody know who I can order them from and get them ASAP?

Go to a napa or pep boys & see if they have the iridiums

Yea I just picked some up at Napa, the PMR9B's stock double platinum ones. They had them at the warehouse and got them to me the next day.

Only problem is that the pugs are probably in the same batch of shitty plugs that NGK let come out to the public. If indeed there was a problem since they were on national back order....I wonder if NGK fixed the problem or not. I'm going to call them.

But hopefully my ski runs good today.

What makes you think NGK is the problem ?? Kawi had problems with the plugs on the 99 150's cracking the insulator and asked NGK to build us a special plug at 18.00 bucks a piece.. I had a plug problem at 14 hours, ran the cR9EIXs briefly until I took a brass brush and some carb cleaner to my stockers, Ski now has about 10 hours on the cleaned up stockers and they have been fine. The manual even says the plugs need to be cleaned every 25 hours, and my #3 cylinder plug always looks more carboned/corroded than the other 3.

Go for the CR9EIX.My stocker went out at 4hr!Been running the CR9EIX since then.Now i have 40hr-no problem at all.

FZS-T
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcolog2 View Post
    Yea I just picked some up at Napa, the PMR9B's stock double platinum ones. They had them at the warehouse and got them to me the next day.

Only problem is that the pugs are probably in the same batch of shitty plugs that NGK let come out to the public. If indeed there was a problem since they were on national back order....I wonder if NGK fixed the problem or not. I'm going to call them.

But hopefully my ski runs good today.

i tried calling napa today they could fing the crossover part # is it posible you could give the stock # for napa thanks i 'll really appreciated and also how much did u paid for it?
    thanks
    Elias

Hey man, I'll have to look when I get home. It's a 4 digit number. The sales rep at NAPA cross referenced the numbers for me, dont know why your guy can't. Again, I'll let you know when I get home at 2am EST.

As far as the plugs from someone elses response, I'll mail you my plugs, if you think they are dirty, clean em and keep em. They barely have any carbon on them. I cleaned them and they still look exactly the same. You can tell that one looks like it ran kinda hot and got heat damaged though.

I don't know if they ship plugs or not but I pick up 4 at this location in Austin last weekend. Only 4 left. Pricey!

http://www.sailandski.com/

I was told the Lakeway location had 8 in stock last weekend. The drive was about twice a far.

Joe

+1
    Good old skip was there to save the day. He responded to my email quick and said that he had an extra set. Then he put them in the mail that day and overnighted it. Got them the next day, which was friday. Havent got to go out cause it has been cold here in pittsburgh. Next week will be back in the upper 70's. Thanks skip!

When i first bought my ski i found this forum, i always read his posts(SKIPS), now that he has gone , well lets get him back he was always there to help us new guys and old,i would like to see him come back, so i am asking you Skip Please return!!
    Todd

Thread Information