Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Rxp-x Info

Banned User

Question Rxp-x Info

i have heard that first year models usually have problems...i have already put a deposit down for the rxp-x and i was wonderin if anyone thinks they will have problems like the other 1st-yrs. have???? also (even though this is off topic) i am about to subscribe to Personal Watercraft Illustrated and i was wondrin if anyone diliked this magazine or knows of any other magazines that are better?

thanks,
    P-mafia

you cant really call this a first year craft. More like a anniversary craft. See at as a basic RXP with mods straight from the factory. A first year craft would be the new FX-SHO. The RXP-X is still a RXP. Just better. A more advanced ski. I hope that helps.

Like was said, this is far from a first year ski. The RXP has been very well refined and is finally getting a supercharger with metal washers! The X even gets an external intercooler which many people here have been using for years with great success. The only thing that bothers me is the ongoing problem of delaminating hulls.

I too wonder about this. However, is it true that the RXP-X has a new hull??

Quote Originally Posted by JordanHaye View Post
    I too wonder about this. However, is it true that the RXP-X has a new hull??
    They just made the tunnel larger for hook-up, other than that it's the same hull as far as I understand.

It was probably to late but for the 09's they should keep the X, buck it up to 270hp's and put the Zapata hull on! make a limited edition craft . Seadoo is by far one of the best around. Since 2004 RXPs have been the king of the jungle and for 2008, things just got a little bit better. Dont let anything change your mind from this ski. From Jerrys read up it will be one of the best toys you've ever owned.

Banned User
    thanks jordan....should i change the hull??? is it gonna be that much of a problm and are there any minor changes i should make....im not willing to spend any extra money/time cuz first of all my parents wont let me..

Wow a fortunate teenager. thats kool that your getting a RXP-X and NO. No changes that I know of need to be done to the craft. Just keep yourself updated with Greenhulk and read up as much as you can on them. Alot of people are getting them and atleast 1/30 of you may encounter a minor problem. Nothing to big though. the hull is fine. the hull I was speaking of is a racing edition hull and unless you want to pay the same amount that you paid for you whole waverunner just for a hull ...then be my guest at getting the Franky Zapata hull. Its a really light hull 85kgs if im correct. Franky zapata is actually getting 80mph in chop with it. thats really hear say but it may be true.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by alexp073 View Post
    i have heard that first year models usually have problems...i have already put a deposit down for the rxp-x and i was wonderin if anyone thinks they will have problems like the other 1st-yrs. have???? also (even though this is off topic) i am about to subscribe to Personal Watercraft Illustrated and i was wondrin if anyone diliked this magazine or knows of any other magazines that are better?

thanks,
    P-mafia
    Its more like a "last year craft", probably the best time to get the RXP before it completely changes next year, 09.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by alexp073 View Post
    thanks jordan....should i change the hull??? is it gonna be that much of a problm and are there any minor changes i should make....im not willing to spend any extra money/time cuz first of all my parents wont let me..
    If this is your first ski just take your time to learn how to ride it properly.
    With the acceleration that the RXP-X has you will have to be careful. I have heard that at some of the demos, experienced riders got surprised and ended up in the weeds.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information