R&D Intake Grate Problems.. What Grate to Buy?

With all the threads on here that show the R&D grates failing, what grate do you guys think I should order? I have a R&D grate and ride plate on my 1995 Raider, and have not had any trouble. I could not believe the threads showing these 1200 grates commimg apart. Also seen the ones where the stock plastic nozzle broke off. This is a big safety concern..... I was going to order the riva, then someone said that R&D makes the Rive grate. Anyone used the ProTec? I want to order a new grate, plate, and prop but not sure what brand after reading posts.....

Jerry "Greenhulk" is about to release a new ,much stronger custom grate,if you can hang on for a week or so

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by stepjl View Post
    With all the threads on here that show the R&D grates failing, what grate do you guys think I should order? I have a R&D grate and ride plate on my 1995 Raider, and have not had any trouble. I could not believe the threads showing these 1200 grates commimg apart. Also seen the ones where the stock plastic nozzle broke off. This is a big safety concern..... I was going to order the riva, then someone said that R&D makes the Rive grate. Anyone used the ProTec? I want to order a new grate, plate, and prop but not sure what brand after reading posts.....
    Keep reading you have not read enough. R&D even with the inherent problems (which occur mostly in the higher speed boats) is still currently your best option.

I would say the R&D is your best option at the moment speed wise the 800 grate can no be beat. As Steve said Jerry is about to have the same 800 grate made out of much better stuff very very soon. If I were you I would wait for it.

I have the pro-tec 800 and 1300 grate. I havent used them yet but will let you know when I do. I had one on my XLT800 and it was great.

R&D is still the best option for you at this time. You just need to make shure that you inspect it on a regular basis. I don't think this the breaking issue is just on the 1200 grate it's the 800 also but still alot safer than the factory grate when you start increasing you top speed.

As far as the steering nozzels go either the R&D or Riva both have a good replacement part for the stock plastic piece.
    Last edited by injected2stroke; 09-17-2007 at 05:14 AM.

Thread Information