Can you beach your 150 speedster?

If you can beach it how hard would it be to get it back in the water? I hope this isn't a dumb question but I live in St.Augustine and was wondering if anyone did this or if they just anchored near shore and swam to the beach and back.

Quote Originally Posted by fugazi View Post
    If you can beach it how hard would it be to get it back in the water? I hope this isn't a dumb question but I live in St.Augustine and was wondering if anyone did this or if they just anchored near shore and swam to the beach and back.
    It can be done but I would caution on a few things.
    1, Get a keel guard. The sand will rub off the gel coat.
    2, Shut off the engine before reaching the beach (at least 3 feet of water deep) and push off at least 3 feet deep before starting the engine.
    3, Watch the tide. The boat is heavier than it looks. Don't let the tide go out where you can't move the boat. Also pay attention to waves and wakes. They can push you off shore or to far on shore to get off. You may have to wait for the tide to come up to get back in the water enough to push out.

I prefer to use two anchors and not beach it myself. I tend to stay in the intercostal more than the beach because of the waves.

Braveit1 is right.....If you plan on beaching the boat you should get a keel guard to protect the gel coat.

The 2 anchor approach is also a good idea and you don't have to worry about the waves turning the boat and it getting stuck on the sand.

Anchor and beach

I do both just depends on the beach, I live in Fort Myers, if it is not wavey that day and no one on the beach then I beach it but only if I know I will only be on the beach less then 30 mins, to easy to get stuck high and dry if tide moves out. normally though I just throw the anchor over and let it be, then wade ashore for how ever long I want.

The posts above are right on.....if beaching, get a keel guard and watch out for the waves/wakes/tides. The boat can get turned sideways and it will take alot to get it back in the water.

The 2 anchor approach works best....takes a little more time, but a lot less to worry about

Thread Information