Thru-Hull Exhaust on C180?

Anyone have parts, procedure, pictures, thoughts after install?

Thanks

NO, but tested a straight pipe instead of the plastic resonator, and believe me, IT IS LOUDER...at idle you get a very cute and powerful sound when it bubbles from the water, then at acceleration it is nightmare...you won'T hear anything and it resonnates a lot...not very pleasant, then at full speed you won't really find it annoying but the ones that will follow you will definitely.....so i reinstalled my stock OEM resonator...

There is some steps i'm not willing to take to get possibly few ponies added, it becomes very noisy...try it prior to drill anything...and let me know...you just replace the oem resonator with a straight pipe.

If shes got boobs or a throttle, I'm on it! badvinny's Avatar
    To do a real thru hull you need to block off the original outlet in the pump cavity. The reason Jeepster's was so loud was because it resonates in the open pump cavity. A rear exhaust outlet should be cut below (lowest point possible) the waterline on the passenger side rear (not in the pump cavity). This eliminates the stock resonator but retains the waterbox and isnt supposed to be anywhere near as 'obnoxious' noise wise. I havent heard it myself, I have only read this on the seadoo pwc forums. I plan on making my own (I am a machinist) and may even add an exhaust tip to divert the exhaust down. My wife is gonna be so pissed if it's still too loud!!!

Badvinny is probably right, the worst part of the awful resonnance sound was during low throttl cruising...after that it wasn't so bad, and at idle the sound was sweet (sounded like a V8 almost) bubbling into the water.

But i'd be scared of putting a hole inside the back of the boat without having first tried a PWC with one rear exhaust set-up first...!!!

I'd personnally uninstall & re-use the same exhaust outlet fittings+adapter from the OEM set-up, and just block the OEM one near the pump cavity.

If anyone does this...PLEASE....i want to see pictures, hear some sound clips, and also sound from the backseat of the boet while riding...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by badvinny View Post
    To do a real thru hull you need to block off the original outlet in the pump cavity. The reason Jeepster's was so loud was because it resonates in the open pump cavity. A rear exhaust outlet should be cut below (lowest point possible) the waterline on the passenger side rear (not in the pump cavity). This eliminates the stock resonator but retains the waterbox and isnt supposed to be anywhere near as 'obnoxious' noise wise. I havent heard it myself, I have only read this on the seadoo pwc forums. I plan on making my own (I am a machinist) and may even add an exhaust tip to divert the exhaust down. My wife is gonna be so pissed if it's still too loud!!!
    Is your setup the same engine bay wise (I don't know if you have an 07) If so, please let me know what you would charge to create an identical setup. Assuming the results are what we both have read on the PWC forum. Sounds the the Thru-hull with the shorty waterbox would be awesome in our boats. Good luck on your custom setup.

Thread Information