New 2007 150 speedster owner newbie questions

When going to launch the boat off a boat ramp do I need to go in the water and unhook to let the boat float off or does it slide off? Its a seadoo galvanized trailer. Also same with loading the boat do i just put the trailer in the water and get the boat to float on the trailer?

I did notice that the trailer doesn't have a wheel near the hitch is this normal? I was able to lift it off the hitch and set it down on the ground on 2 concrete slabs.

The dealer didn't have a hose kit to clean the boat how hard is that to find? Also he mentioned to pull the right lever next to the throttle 3 times to get the excess water out of the engine?

Thanks for any advice and any nb advice I should be aware of.

When going to launch the boat off a boat ramp do I need to go in the water and unhook to let the boat float off or does it slide off? Its a seadoo galvanized trailer. Also same with loading the boat do i just put the trailer in the water and get the boat to float on the trailer?
    Just whatever you're more comfortable with. Personally, since I typically launch alone, I pull the trailer trailer down where the wheels are in the water, but not the wheel wells (after inserting drain plugs and removing the back straps, of course), then after I unhook the front strap, I can drive the boat off the trailer, without fear that it will float away from me first. This is especially helpful in high wind/waves. I notice my center bunk has some wear from doing this though, so I might need a modification there. Same with coming home, I tend to drive it on the trailer a bit, then crank 'er up.

I did notice that the trailer doesn't have a wheel near the hitch is this normal? I was able to lift it off the hitch and set it down on the ground on 2 concrete slabs.
    Not normal. Not normal at all. They forgot to put that on the trailer. How was the boat sitting when you picked it up?

The dealer didn't have a hose kit to clean the boat how hard is that to find?
    You can hook a hose up to it to flush without buying anything, but I believe you are talking about a quick release type of connection. I've had both types, the quick release adaptor, an just a little 6" hose extension for it, and have found neither one to be quick. I now just use the 6" extension (cheaper), because the quick release never worked well for me. I'm glad I don't ride in salt water much, because I dread reaching my hand around the pump to connect to flush.

Also he mentioned to pull the right lever next to the throttle 3 times to get the excess water out of the engine?
    Huh? And tap your ruby slippers together too... the lever next to the throttle simply moves the reverse bucket up and down. Nothing more, nothing less. How does the engine have excess water in it? The engine has closed loop cooling, and the outside water is only moving through the intercooler and exhaust. It is not normally necessary to take water out of that system. If you were to get towed behind another boat at a high rate of speed with your engine off, you could run into a situation were your exhaust fills up, then your engine (very bad), but that lever won't help you there. My dealer told me some stories too. I think most of us have.

Just spend some time going through old posts; there's a wealth of info. It will take you about 3 minutes to know more than your dealer. And welcome to the forum!

Thread Information