Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sucked up some wood. HELP!!!

I sucked up a piece of wood yesterday on my 2006 seadoo rxt. I was riding at about 25 when my rpm's doubled and i slowed down 6mph and it felt like earthquake on my waverunner. I stoped and shut off my eninge. i turned it back on and their was still something their so i got off and stuck my hand in the intake grate and their was nothing. So i started it back up and tried hitting throttle alot to try to push what ever it was out. I idled home and barley got it up onto my sport port and took a look in from the back and saw a piece of wood about the size of my middle finger and my index finger put together. So i stuck a long screw driver on the wood and hit it with a hammer trying to break it up. It broke up a little but still wouldnt come out. so i did that as much as i could and then tried driving around a little....... i went reverse forward........... still was in their. i pulled it back up and looked again and didnt see it. ran it again and it was still in their. i dont know what to do.

You might try putting it the trailer and pulling the pump. Then you can check to see if you hurt the wear ring... Ron

First try looking back into in the opposite way... from the intake grate back and see if you can see anything.

Next.... you are gonna want to get into your pump. Follow the intructions in the FAQ section for "removing the impeller" to get into your pump and have a look around.... even if you get the obstruction out by looking at it in reverse through the intake grate you are gonna wanna get the pump apart to have a look at your wear ring and impeller

+1
    RXTrider; most of us have encountered this, it's usually easy to get out...
    I had it happen on both the Yamaha and the RXT, both times it was removed by putting the ski on the trailer, crawling under with a flashlight and picking at it from the grate side. I think we had to remove the grate on the Yamaha but that was no big deal...

+1
    I've had this happen to me 4 times this summer. Luckily, it only takes 5 minutes to pull the pump and remove the wood.

Mike

+1
    Get your self a LOOOONG flat tip screwdriver, you dont need to remove the pump that is just waaaaaaaaaaaaay tooo much work that is not necessary unless you have destroyed the wear ring

Had the same thing happen this summer at Lake Mohave. The piece of wood was jammed onto the impeller blade and wedged up against the wear ring. Got it up on the trailer, took a long and skinny pry bar in through the intake grate and popped it loose after a couple trys.

by the sound of it.....his wear ring has got to be destroyed.....and his pump fins.......for christ sake, sand destroys your wear ring lol

+1
    One method that many times will work is if you do the following:

1) Shutdown the ski with the wood stuck in it.

2) Get another jet ski and back it up so that it's nozzle is butted up against your jet nozzle.

3) Fire up the other jet ski @ 1/2 thottle or so.

The rerverse flow of water will MANY times be enough to dislodge it enough to get everything back to normal. I've used this method with success at least 3 or 4 times personally.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by suck my wake View Post
    Get your self a LOOOONG flat tip screwdriver, you dont need to remove the pump that is just waaaaaaaaaaaaay tooo much work that is not necessary unless you have destroyed the wear ring
    Yep trust me that long screwdriver will save you alot of time and the aggrivation of pulling your pump....

Unless your wife sucks a pumpful of rocks.. Guess what ...she now knows how to pull her own pump off

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information