questions questions questions

I went out to break my ski in today after getting a used set of cases new middle cylinder (got it off ebay) and pro x piston kits. Also stuck a 3 degree keyway in and holeshot kit. Well everything was going good but then all the sudden the ski like bogged down and sounded like it was kinda clogged and wouldnt go over 45. I pulled the plugs and the middle one is all greasy looking. The other two look good, alittle rich due to the 50 to 1 mix I added in the gas and the oil I put all over everything during assembly. So I went home pulled the head and found alotta slop in the middle piston when its in mid stroke. I guess the cylinder I bought off of ebay which was just honed when I got it was alittle to worn. Could this have caused it? Or could it be a carb problem?

Taylor Mi.
    Did you mic the piston and cylinder bore to see how much clearance you had before you installed them? It is possible that you have fowled a plug due to heavy oil but it could also have to much piston to wall clearance.
    Last edited by injected2stroke; 09-17-2007 at 08:54 AM.

no I did not mic them. I guess I will be from now on. But the wierd part is I did a compression test and it read about 120 across all three. I did adjust my oil pump when I put it back together this time. I guess from the guy I bought it from when he had it torn down had it way out. I adjusted it according to the book lining the 2 marks up with the thottle completly closed. I hope this is right. I also used alot of oil during assembley and I only ran it for about 1/2 an hour.

well I checked compression again today after putting the head back on and wouldnt you knwo the middle cylinder compression is down to about 105 where the other two are 120. Guess that cylinder is junk. It looks like someone honed it down to much to try and hide scratches and scrapes that I am starting to see appear. Oh well guess its time for ANOTHER cylinder.

Taylor Mi.
    Man I am sorry to here that. You might just want to have it re-nicked and honed back to size with a new piston then it will be like new.

Thread Information