Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Banned User

ATTENTION: Help Needed

ATTENITON ALL SEADOO EXPERTS: i would greatly appreciate your input...noobies put what you think but im not listening............. ok now

1. On-lake fill ups or bring (3-4) 5-gallon gasoline cans and drive by every once in awhile

2. Unleaded Premium or Regular for RXP-X

3. Price diff. between gas types

4. Price diff. between on-lake and on-road gas stations

5. ARE THERE ANY VIDEOS ABOUT THE RXP-X AND IF SO WHERE CAN I FIND THEM???????????

grazie!

PLEASE RESPOND

Banned User
    i realize this could be in performance or general discussion but more people look at performance....thanx

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by alexp073 View Post
    1. On-lake fill ups or bring (3-4) 5-gallon gasoline cans and drive by every once in awhile Top off on land, and bring containers from land...Marina's are ALWAYS more, and sometimes don't have high grade...

2. Unleaded Premium or Regular for RXP-X ALWAYS PREMIUM, 92-93 always...Anything less the motor retards the timing to reduce knock....

3. Price diff. between gas types ??? Premium is always more, but on a ski, you're looking at (current prices, roughly) a total of $40-45 for premium on an empty tank...thats 15 gallons @ $3 for premium...total is more/less depending on how much was in the tank before, and price at the station...

4. Price diff. between on-lake and on-road gas stations said above...

5. ARE THERE ANY VIDEOS ABOUT THE RXP-X AND IF SO WHERE CAN I FIND THEM??????????? Not that we know of, YET!

grazie!

PLEASE RESPOND

answers in RED

+1
    If you don't plan on going more than 10 mins from the ramp then bring 5 gallons cans of gas in your car (parents car in your case).

Premium gas for the RXP-X unless the ECU is modified to allow crappy gas

Price difference is about .25 a gallon

On-lake stations will be noticeably more expensive

+1
    I have learned that you can tell the difference between 87 and 91 octane. Now if the Sea Doo has a knock sensor its going to retard timing which in turn takes away performance. I have always ran premium in my RXP's even the stock one. I'm not sure what the compression ratio is but when you stick a Super Charger and a Innercooler on something it raises the compression ratio, thats why blower motors have lower compression raitos than normally aspirated engines. That said I would run premium as when you go lower grade you ARE lowering your ability to make power. The higher the octane the slower and more controlled the burn of the fuel. Dont waste your time with octane boosters either, they dont really work. There are some good ones out there but you will only find ones that work at speed shops and they are spendy. Todays best gas isnt what yesterdays lowest grade was. Your talking a few dollars so why go cheap now. I see this allot people throw allot of money at something than go cheap on the little things that count. Take a couple 5 gallon jugs when you go. How would you feel if you burn up a piston from cheap gas? Just my nickels worth.
    Last edited by mstennes; 09-16-2007 at 08:13 PM.

Banned User
    i kinda have an idea but how long do u think a full tank 15.9 gallons would last...(in hours please) and how much for an RXP/RXP-x....$40-50 bucks maybe.................

also i dont have a trailer and im not gunna buy one cuz in one yr. i get my license and until then it takes less than 2 min. to bike to my dock...we dont live on the lake but pur neighborhhod has docks

+1
    Time out on the water depends on throttle position, you can cruise and go allot further than you can wide open. It depends on your riding style. Since I dont own a RXP-X and no one else does anything would be a guess but someone running a stage 2 or better can give you a good idea.I dont have enough time maybe a hour on my stage 2 so I cant give you a honest answer.

Quote Originally Posted by alexp073 View Post
    ATTENITON ALL SEADOO EXPERTS: i would greatly appreciate your input...noobies put what you think but im not listening............. ok now

1. On-lake fill ups or bring (3-4) 5-gallon gasoline cans and drive by every once in awhile That is a good amount of fueling, Highly recommend fuel spill insurance, its cheaper than having to pay for clean up out of pocket

2. Unleaded Premium or Regular for RXP-X when wave jumping I use 89, ski runs ok in short bursts, WOT with 89 feels like the machine is choking.

3. Price diff. between gas types yammie HO is 87 octane tuned. It costs about $4 more a tank to run premium. I make my coffee at home instead of buying it at dunkin donuts

4. Price diff. between on-lake and on-road gas stations usually about 15 to 35 cents. spill insurance is expensive and plus its a convenience to fill on the lake.

5. ARE THERE ANY VIDEOS ABOUT THE RXP-X AND IF SO WHERE CAN I FIND THEM???????????

grazie!

PLEASE RESPOND

Enjoy it its going to be one hell of a ski

+1
    Alex what are you riding now?

Banned User
    i hate to say it but nothing.....im 15 now (i kno..lucky to be gettin an rxp-x), have a boating license, and a driver's permit, but no seadoo.....every since i was 12 and rode on my friends RXP i wanted one

now that friend has a 2004/5 (?) RXP and a 2004 GTX ... and my other friend has a 2007 RXT and a 2007 RXP 215...... they both let me drive so i have some experience..........this will be MY first seadoo and im sure it wont be the last

and now im thinkin that ill just fill up on the lake cuz the price isnt that much more....and nothing less than the best for my baby!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information