+1

Is one year better than another??

I know the 05 and 06 Sea Doo Sportster 150's had the option of the 215hp supercharged engine. Then in 07 the model changed to a Speedster 150 but the boat and engine were the same, they just stopped making the sportster line of boats.Do I have this correct??

Is there any big difference in one year over the other.

I found a pretty good deal on a 05 but am unsure if that year had more problems than another. Other than replacing the clutch washers to metal, is there anything elese I should know??

Thanks

You are correct, the name changed, however it is the same boat, still available with the 155HP and the 215 SCIC.

What I was told when I bought my 05, and since then have seen, is that the 07 is basically the same. The changes I observed was that the 05 has analog guages where the 07 has digital guages.

The 05 has a "mesh" type material in the middle of the bottoms of seats, I presume for water to drain, however the 07 has a solid bottom to the seat.

I believe the power plant is the same, the 07 still has the ceramic washers, however the 07 may have different bearings and/or SC wheel, although I am not completely 100% sure. I am sure someone else will chime in.

I believe the stereo may be different in the two, I have heard some complaints about the 07. I have no complaints with the one in my 05, have always been able to hear it, even cruising along.

Hope this helps!

+1
    thanks for the info......yea im not too worried about the stereo, that would be my first upgrade along with speakers and a sub. As long as the engine is the same through out the years, I guess its down to the best deal I can get.

Quote Originally Posted by FLSCIC View Post
    You are correct, the name changed, however it is the same boat, still available with the 155HP and the 215 SCIC.

What I was told when I bought my 05, and since then have seen, is that the 07 is basically the same. The changes I observed was that the 05 has analog guages where the 07 has digital guages.

The 05 has a "mesh" type material in the middle of the bottoms of seats, I presume for water to drain, however the 07 has a solid bottom to the seat.

I believe the power plant is the same, the 07 still has the ceramic washers, however the 07 may have different bearings and/or SC wheel, although I am not completely 100% sure. I am sure someone else will chime in.

I believe the stereo may be different in the two, I have heard some complaints about the 07. I have no complaints with the one in my 05, have always been able to hear it, even cruising along.

Hope this helps!

Thread Information