Thread: powershot

powershot

"i would like to know how the riva s3 sc with the "stock ecu" 42 injectors and ext. IC will work together with the powershot fuel tuner."

after reading the post of ou812 it seems that he recomends the powershot if you do above mods with the stock 38 injectors to make more fuel.
    now i surely will put the 42 in, so can i still expect some usefull gain ????putting the powershot on to get more holeshot and midrange or with the 42 only installed i´ll have averything sorted out.

i,ve posted it before but wasn´t realy in the right thread,sorry

ciao jim

Quote Originally Posted by jimjim View Post
    "i would like to know how the riva s3 sc with the "stock ecu" 42 injectors and ext. IC will work together with the powershot fuel tuner."

after reading the post of ou812 it seems that he recomends the powershot if you do above mods with the stock 38 injectors to make more fuel.
    now i surely will put the 42 in, so can i still expect some usefull gain ????putting the powershot on to get more holeshot and midrange or with the 42 only installed i´ll have averything sorted out.

i,ve posted it before but wasn´t realy in the right thread,sorry

ciao jim
    The power shot only adds fuel, it doesn't take it away. A fuel controller subtracts fuel. If you get the powershot you can stick with smaller injectors and make them dump more fuel, but this is not considered the "best" way of mapping fuel. Talk to Jerry, NitroShark, etc. and they will tell you that the powershot is not the best way to go. I'm sure they'd be happy to explain to you. The powershot has proven to work though, but who knows what it's performance limits are because only two people on the forum that I know of have ran it and they have not tried it on every setup out there. Most people find that the 42# injectors work great when you add an extrernal IC, rear intake, and SC upgrade higher than the RS2 wheel. If you install the 42# injectors you will not need to use the powershot.

Sure the powershot may be a nice add on for some setups, but I think you should put the money you would spend on the powershot in other mods first.

thanks RXPKID,

perhaps there is some more input from the few people that run it, but i,ll stick with the 42´s with your info.
    like you said, moooore for other mods....

ciao jim

could we save also the thermostats for this same setup???
    or could that be one of the better mods to spend money on??

At the end of the day, you want the fuel system properly sized.

Adding boosters may take advantage to any available overdesign, but it may also create other problems if the fuel system is already fairly optimized.

The injector is rated at wide open at a particular fuel pressure.

When sizing for blown applications, there are additional considerations.

In the end, you shouldn't put lipstick on a pig.

These setups usually add power/amperage to the fuel pump in order to deliver fuel at a higher pressure (and thus a higher flow/rate) which may or may not be good for your fueld pump.

And the comment about fuel management systems is kinda confusing. All a fuel controller simply adds power (which translates to more pressure/more delivery) at the proper time. You don't want to be running high pressure over the entire fuel map. (most manual controllers have an actual dial that you can change manually, but unless you're willing to dial it as you operate, it's a set it and leave it type setup).

On the other side of the equation, you can increase the pulse width and dump more fuel (essentially you retune the fuel maps) but again, at some point, you play with fire. The injector can run a high duty cycle and become overheated and begin to fail.

failing injectors=fried engines. (nothing better than a lean condition on a boosted setup to destroy your pistons, rods, etc).

Cheap
    Fast
    Reliable

Pick any two. Don't go cheap on fuel delivery, it'll bite you hard in the end. Go cheap on a paint job, or the stereo, or the seats, but when the fuel system fails or goes kaputt, expensive things happen.

Thread Information