Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Crankcase ventilation/oil and vapor Separator KIt Info

Here you go boys...... TCR Ultra 250 Crankcase Ventilation/oil and Vapor Separator Kit - Now Available

The R&D Ultra 250 Crankcase ventilation system was developed to offer a complete bolt on breather expansion kit which will substantially reduce crankcase pressures on Kawasaki Ultra 250’s supercharged engines. High performance engines (especially supercharged) need as much crankcase ventilation as possible. The R&D system doubles the volume of the O.E.M. crankcase breather and triple baffles the oil and vapor pressures within the O.E.M. breather case. The R&D system relieves excess crankcase pressures in the oil breather case and vents high pressures and fuel vapors into a piggyback vapor/oil catch can reservoir. The R&D vapor/oil reservoir mounts and connects directly to the O.E.M. oil separator tank with a quick and easy bolt on installation. The R&D crankcase ventilation and vapor separator system puts an end to oil blow by messes in the engine compartment by relieving excess crankcase pressures and trapping excess fuel vapors, condensation and blow by oil into the R&D oil/vapor separator.

For pricing see Catalog Section / Crankcase Ventilation
    • Increases engine RPMs and performance by relieving excess crankcase pressures.
    • Decreases oil blow by caused by excessive crankcase pressure in high performance engines.
    • Traps fuel vapors, excess crankcase fuel blow by and condensation in the vapor reservoir and keeps them from entering the intercooler.
    • Helps to maintain a cleaner more efficient intercooler.
    • Helps to reduce and remove excessive fuel vapors and water condensation from the oil system which adds to oil life.
    • A great addition to any high performance long course or endurance competition race machine.

Fairlanex
    Ok I know theres a bit of distress over the price but who's gonna step up and get one and report the results to the rest of us fence sitters????? I must admit I'm tempted but it might be a while b4 I can get one to Australia

I was on the preorder list and they called me last week to get my CC info and to let me know they were shipping soon. Hopefully mine is on the way!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by turbodave View Post
    I was on the preorder list and they called me last week to get my CC info and to let me know they were shipping soon. Hopefully mine is on the way!
    Turbo,
    I'm kinda like our buddy Fairlane man from down under, I'm a fence sitter.
    When they called me, I balked at the $400.00 price. I am 2 tanks of gas into my 4th oil change and have a very small rise in oil level. I will admit that I run the hell outa mine all the time. Even if someone does not have the problem, this could be good insurance in the long run. Post some pics if you can. I'd love to see a few close up shots,
    Jimmy

I wasn't to excited about the price either. But I need to do something. I have almost 80 hours on my ski and the fuel dilution isn't getting any better. I doubt that the factory will do anything,at least not this year anyways. And changing the oil after every 2nd ride is getting old,not to mention the chance of engine damage every time I ride. The 399.00 price is a lot cheaper than a destroyed engine that may or may not be covered under warranty and my ski sitting down at dealers for for 6 months while they decide what to do.

+1
    Dave,
    I just checked out Skip's page. He has finally posted a bunch of pics and complete install instructions. Doesn't look too hard but the exhaust manifold will have to go. Good luck on your install. Hope you bring us some good results.

So it is basically just a secondary catch can with a machined spacer to enlarge the breather box..

Dave, With all the fuel getting in your oil, your ski should be a good litmus test to see how well it really works.
    Last edited by Chris288; 09-18-2007 at 08:50 AM.

400 dollars and ALOT of work...it's not that i want one...i NEED one..

Kawi should buy it for every ultra 250x owner.

I ordered one today; I'm concerned about the install hassle with the tightness next to the motor but it looks like fun; it's an all-day job.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information