Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Premix Injected ? Can I?????????

Hello all
    I reciently picked up a 2002 800 DI and i'm curious as if I can put a blockoff plate on this (iInjected model ) seems all the skis I previously have done were, not injected this perticular model has four lines going to the engine looks like two to the intake and two to the mains ?
    is it better to leave this one alone or can the pump be removed ? for premix ......All help Greatly appreciated
    thx DON

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by springer454 View Post
    Hello all
    I reciently picked up a 2002 800 DI and i'm curious as if I can put a blockoff plate on this (iInjected model ) seems all the skis I previously have done were, not injected this perticular model has four lines going to the engine looks like two to the intake and two to the mains ?
    is it better to leave this one alone or can the pump be removed ? for premix ......All help Greatly appreciated
    thx DON
    Don't go to pre-mix on an injected engine.
    The oil passing through the injectors displaces fuel-not good.
    The oil WILL plug the injectors.
    The lines going to the engine cases are a vital part of lubricating the crankshaft.
    There are a few more reasons I'm sure others can list but those are the few I can think of right off the bat.

thank you sir

Quote Originally Posted by ph2ocraft View Post
    Don't go to pre-mix on an injected engine.
    The oil passing through the injectors displaces fuel-not good.
    The oil WILL plug the injectors.
    The lines going to the engine cases are a vital part of lubricating the crankshaft.
    There are a few more reasons I'm sure others can list but those are the few I can think of right off the bat.
    I called jerry service tech crystal rriver fl polaris dealer he told me NO PROUBLEM
    and he also said he didnt know why the extra oil lines were there(mains) and that polaris is the only on to do that! certainly don't ask JERRY ANY TECH QUESTIONS
    THANKKKKKKKKK-YOUUUUUU

Quote Originally Posted by springer454 View Post
    I called jerry service tech crystal rriver fl polaris dealer he told me NO PROUBLEM
    and he also said he didnt know why the extra oil lines were there(mains) and that polaris is the only on to do that! certainly don't ask JERRY ANY TECH QUESTIONS
    THANKKKKKKKKK-YOUUUUUU
    The extra oil lines send raw oil straight to the crank bearings. In order to remove that line, you need to drill holes in the case, to let extra oil run down into the bearings. The fuel injectors dont like premix either, as ph20 stated.

THANK YOU Polarisnut:
    one more question for the oil lines. Being there are four oil lines from the pump lets say two rows of two (top two bottom two)
    do the outlet ports of the pump have designated hookups or can i hook any port to either line? or do the top two ports go to the intakes and the bottom two ports go to the main bearings
    polaris says in the service manual that all pumps are the same( NOT)
    anyhow iv'e read all 30 pages of posts and nothing close listed to the 800 di pump outlet hookups
    thx DON

+1
    I would think you can mix and match, they all receive the same oil supply and should deliver the same pressures. Bleed the air out of the oil lines before running the engine.

I dont know much about the DI PWC setups, but I do know for sure that the 4 outlet snowmobile pumps have two low volume outlets and two high volume outlets. Two high volumes go to the carbs, and two low volumes go to the bearings. Polaris makes no mention of which ones are which in the service manual for the sleds, but they definitely flow different amounts of oil and need to be hooked up correctly.

+1
    Curious.....Let me have a look at my training manuals tonight and see what it says for the PWC. What model is your 800?

+1
    I see it's a Virage, I'll have a peak.

2002 DI
    Thank you I just left the dealer. While I was there I asked a tech if the ports were metered differently and his reply was (no)
    although now you mention the snowmobile pumps being different hum
    i'll await your advise
    thanks again DON

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information