Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

How to deal with a dealership

alright guys, im in CT and me and my friend purchased metal washer's bc our ceramics burned out, jerry told me to tell them to replace the oil pumps, they say no. what should me and my friend do. ther are not to many dealerships to go to either. everything is under warranty too..

+1
    go shoppping for a different dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Thread View Post
    alright guys, im in CT and me and my friend purchased metal washer's bc our ceramics burned out, jerry told me to tell them to replace the oil pumps, they say no. what should me and my friend do. ther are not to many dealerships to go to either. everything is under warranty too..
    If you are looking for an experieinced dealer take a look at www.flamingomotorsports.com up in Palmer MA. Exit 8 off the pike.

For a washer blow out they pull and clean the entire engine. Everytime I go in there they have one engine pulled and 2 or 3 skis waiting. They have done quite a few and they service manager has repeated what has been said here. 07 is the worst year.

Give them a call and discuss it with them. As of Saturday there was one engine on the bench and 2 others waiting.

if you pop up there take a look at the can-am spyder.

scott
    Last edited by bruinsrme; 09-18-2007 at 08:58 PM.

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by bruinsrme View Post
    If you are looking for an experieinced dealer take a look at www.flamingomotorsports.com up in Palmer MA. Exit 8 off the pike.

For a washer blow out they pull and clean the entire engine. Everytime I go in there they have one engine pulled and 2 or 3 skis waiting. They have done quite a few and they service manager has repeated what has been said here. 07 is the worst year.

Give them a call and discuss it with them. As of Saturday there was one engine on the bench and 2 others waiting.

if you pop up there take a look at the can-am spyder.

scott
    The 07's dubbed bad just because of the ceramics or other internal issues???

Just the ceramics washers. I asked about NA engines and he said they are a solid engine.

I had mine changed out at 9 hours. AFter seein ghtem in my hand I asked myself, "what in the world was seadoo thinking, ceramic?

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    Ceramic is not as dumb as you think. We're not talking about ceramic pottery here. Ceramic when used in this application dissipates heat better than metal and it is harder than a lot of metals. the only disadvantage is that it is very brittle when put in a bind versus metal which doesn't shatter.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by NCHeel View Post
    Ceramic is not as dumb as you think. We're not talking about ceramic pottery here. Ceramic when used in this application dissipates heat better than metal and it is harder than a lot of metals. the only disadvantage is that it is very brittle when put in a bind versus metal which doesn't shatter.
    It is my belief that the ceramics only fail when the boat is un-hooked and hitting the limiter causing unwanted harmonics transferred to the s/c shaft while the clutch is doing it's job and it fractures at high rpm. Not that I would ever trust a ceramic washer, but I wonder if any have ever failed on a ski that never comes un-hooked (yea, right, find 1 of those )

Quote Originally Posted by 9secZO6 View Post
    It is my belief that the ceramics only fail when the boat is un-hooked and hitting the limiter causing unwanted harmonics transferred to the s/c shaft while the clutch is doing it's job and it fractures at high rpm. Not that I would ever trust a ceramic washer, but I wonder if any have ever failed on a ski that never comes un-hooked (yea, right, find 1 of those )
    I guess that would be like finding a car that in New England that has new hit a pot hole.

After being screwed by a certain Hartford dealer. I found this dealer that has treated me right http://www.ctpowerandsport.com/map_hours.asp Not sure which part of Ct. your in.

Quote Originally Posted by NCHeel View Post
    Ceramic is great in many applications. We use a lot of ceramic arms in handling wafers at intel and chill plates. The problem is jsut as you spoke, they are very strong, stiff and maintain their shape until an outside force acts upon it, then snapola. It costs $1200 and 8 hours of downtime to replace one handling arm. Metal bends and warps and tends to drop wafers (when the silicon lattice shatters clean up is a nightmare). Ceramic breaks and into chunks.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information