Does anyone run a Microtouch Ignition, what settings??

I am running a Microtouch ignition module in an 01 RXXSS what retard settings would be appropriate. Also initial advance, which settings would be ok for pump fuel. What is the most I could get away with?

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by Gappa View Post
    I am running a Microtouch ignition module in an 01 RXXSS what retard settings would be appropriate. Also initial advance, which settings would be ok for pump fuel. What is the most I could get away with?
    You need to really shoot your timming to see where you are at but for pump gas you want to be at about 15 degrees at 7500 rpm's. when you shoot the timing you can adjust off of that. If you go to MSD's website or I things it performance direct.com at get instructions off of there for an enhancer there are charts you can print to graph your timing curve.

like previously said it really depends on where you are stock. If your timing is spot on without the microtouch i found i could get away with +2 degrees initial timing and no retard on pump fuel. But it really all depends on your setup(squish, domes, pipes, porting, jetting...etc). If you ported it yourself I'm sure youre able to figure out when its detonating and pre-igniting.

I did short runs and kept advancing it until i could audibly detect some deto then i backed off a degree. This is dangerous as you should know. I did short runs and constantly checked my plugs for any signs of aluminum. At the end of each day i pulled the head and checked the pistons. 3 years later my xpl is still running strong but i had a 1050 running on a 97.5 stock pipe

actually i should note that just this summer actually my microtouch unit internally shorted and caught fire and blew my main fuse while i was out on the water. what a piece of crap.

i know run a franco reprogrammed mpem with a map setup for twin pipes. I set the timing to stock and left it the way it was. I have too many other toys now and don't waste time trying to tune the xpl

Thread Information