Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

C180 Factory Tower Questions

So I'm a new owner of a 2007 180 Challenger SE. I wanted the factory tower, but no dealers in my area had one. So I ended buying one without. I have a few questions about it...
    1. Where is the best place to buy it? Dealer? SeaDoo Parts online?
    2. How hard is it to install? Can I do it myself? or is it something I should have my dealer install?
    I don't want an aftermarket one as I like the look of the factory better.
    Thank you in advance.
    Donavan
    Last edited by AU_354; 09-18-2007 at 10:28 PM.

Don't know anything about installation but Perry Performance Group is the only vendor I can find that carries it. It looks like the tower itself is Sea-Doo part #: 204072261. Just cross reference the part numbers from the Sea-Doo parts website with the PPG website. It looks like they'll take care of you.

http://www.pwcpartsonline.com

http://epc.brp.com/default.aspx?bran...,seadoo&lang=E

Good luck,
    Cody

Quote Originally Posted by spd5535 View Post
    Don't know anything about installation but Perry Performance Group is the only vendor I can find that carries it. It looks like the tower itself is Sea-Doo part #: 204072261. Just cross reference the part numbers from the Sea-Doo parts website with the PPG website. It looks like they'll take care of you.

http://www.pwcpartsonline.com

http://epc.brp.com/default.aspx?bran...,seadoo&lang=E

Good luck,
    Cody

Thanks for the links... Funny that PWCpartsOnline's prices which are discounted are the same prices as SeaDoo's Online Parts list prices.
    Check here at :http://www.sknorthwest.com/fiche_select.asp

Plus if I have them delivered to the dealer... I don't have to pay for shipping!

So has anyone installed this themselves??? I ask because I wonder how I get access to the bolts from inside the hull?

I got an 05 C180 with the factory waketower...

If you'd like i could take you pictures of my OEM locations with some measurements, i'd recomment to mount temporarly the tower to this spot, mark the position of the holes after positionning the tower to the right spot, then drop the tower down to the floor, and drill some holes before trying to screw this in (to avoid some gelcoat cracking).

My tower braces got some rubber protection pads between the brace mount and the boat hull, it's got 4 bolts per each mount (total of 4 mounts @ 4 bolts each= 16 Philips drive bolts).

I think that if you are handy and you got the exact location where to install it, it should be an easy install to do it yourself.
    Last edited by Jeepster; 09-19-2007 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepster View Post
    I got an 05 C180 with the factory waketower...it looks like the tower braces are screwed directly into hull fiberglass with screws, NOT BOLTS that you have to tighten from the inside....i think the key to this is getting it screwed to the right spot, and this location is most probably reinforced from underneath for the screwing operation to be succesfull.

If you'd like i could take you pictures of my OEM locations with some measurements, i'd recomment to mount temporarly the tower to this spot, mark the position of the holes after positionning the tower to the right spot, then drop the tower down to the floor, and drill some holes before trying to screw this in (to avoid some gelcoat cracking).

My tower braces got some rubber protection pads between the brace mount and the boat hull, it's got 4 screws per each mount (total of 4 [email protected] screws each= 16 Philips drive screws).

I think that if you are handy and you got the exact location where to install it, it should be an easy install to do it yourself.
    That would be awesome if you could take the pictures and give measurements

Are you sure there is no hardware in the inside of the hull? These pictures show there is a nut... Let me know.
    Donavan

Doubtssss.....i think YOU are RIGHT, and i was wrong....sorry...my mistake...i will edit my post to avoid any future confusion.

The way i see it, you can possibly reach it by the hole of the speakers, and also by removing both of the backseat storage bins.

Sorry again for my mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepster View Post
    Doubtssss.....i think YOU are RIGHT, and i was wrong....sorry...my mistake...i will edit my post to avoid any future confusion.

The way i see it, you can possibly reach it by the hole of the speakers, and also by removing both of the backseat storage bins.

Sorry again for my mistake.
    No worries... All is good... I just wanted to make sure. Thanks again for your input.
    Donavan

I was told by BRP that it would be very difficult to do. That you need to order the tower option from the factory.

Quote Originally Posted by ActionR32 View Post
    I was told by BRP that it would be very difficult to do. That you need to order the tower option from the factory.
    Well in my case that isn't an option... My dealer quoted me about $250 for the labor install... I might go that route instead of attempting myself to prevent damage and any warranty issues.

That price sounds very reasonable for the amount of labor it may take. I would have them do it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information