Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    Just wash everything down and use the Bomb lube after every ride in salt water. Don't forget to flush with salt away also.

Quote Originally Posted by NCHeel View Post
    Just wash everything down and use the Bomb lube after every ride in salt water. Don't forget to flush with salt away also.
    Where do you add the bomblube to? And what exactly is the bomb lube ?

ScottyJ, I think you are smart to worry a bit about that drive shaft in salt. My 2nd ski is a GTX SC and my dealer showed me how the salt had corroded the drive shaft even tho I flushed after every ride. Since then, Ive always gotten under the skis after every use and blasted salt away up there in addition to flushing, followed by either the BRP lube or more recently Fluid Film. It really has surprised me how corrosive the salt can be and extra effort with flushing and rinsing is required to keep these machines operational.

Blue 182,

Thanks for the feedback. I've read alot of salt water exsperiences like yours which motivate me to learn and do everything possible to preserve and protect my new toys. Being away from any near dealers in the Caribbean amplifies that necessity. One issue I may encounter is that I will be parking these guys on a sportport floating platform system so accessing below to flush is a problem. In the shop manual it mentions when applying the anti-corrosion spray from both thru the bottom grate and the top side however you must remove a couple of things to access.

Looks like a good pre treatment with the anti-corrision spray (which has to dry for a couple of hours so I assume it is more of a clear poly type rather than a lube) and then a monthly trailering to really get it good with the salt-away etc.

Many thanks for the response,
    Scottyj

I always make it a point to stop by the lake on the way home from the ocean. I drop the trailer in as far as I can go, and then I ride in the fresh water for 5-10 minutes just to run the fresh water through the whole system. By doing this, the fresh water is flushing out any salt that may be trapped anywhere that the hose cant get to. I then get home and was the ski completely down and then I flush the system with Salt Away. I then dry everything up and I let it sit overnight without the seat so that all the humidity can dry out. I then spray everything down with marine CRC.

What is the bomb lube ? seems like a good idea to lube the shaft aswell, cant hurt it .

+1
    Is'nt the drive shaft made of stainless? Our 30' diesel cruiser has 2 inch shiny stainless shafts and have never seen fresh water inthe last 20 years. I would think Sea Doo would use stainless also.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiguan RXP View Post
    Is'nt the drive shaft made of stainless? Our 30' diesel cruiser has 2 inch shiny stainless shafts and have never seen fresh water inthe last 20 years. I would think Sea Doo would use stainless also.
    Yep, they are stainless but most stainless has some iron in the alloy which will rust, just not as bad as pure iron. That's also why you see some brown on the stainless bolt heads from time to time. My new 07 has rust on the drive shaft after just several months. I always wash it with salt away but it will still rust some.

Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by MIARider View Post
    I then spray everything down with marine CRC.

What is the bomb lube ? seems like a good idea to lube the shaft aswell, cant hurt it .
    With all due respect MIA, the crc product you are using is mostly solvent.

The bomb lube/corrosion prevention is Fluid Film. No solvents.

Guys,
    PM "Dano50" with your shipping address and ask him for a free sample. He is the manufacturer rep for www.fluid-film.com and will send you one if you live within the continental US.

I am the closest distributor to the mfg. for when you need to buy some after your hooked. If you like quality products, Fluid Film is for you. Fluid Film also resists fly off. On the driveshaft, apply with a rag for a thin even coating.

thanks dude. I have always used CRC or WD-40. I didnt really know of any other products. Then again Ive never had a problem using this stuff, even though Ive heard WD-40 is not good for the hoses. IM going to look into that fluid film. What about the bomb lube ? Is that any good ?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information