2001 Genesis no-spark, no-fuel

I usualy don't work on Polaris but I'm starting to do it more and more so I figure I better learn!...
    I have a 2001 genesis in the shop.. no spark, no fuel (fuel pump doesn't prime or do anything even when cranking).. These skis do crank the starter even if the lanyard isn't in which makes it even more difficult... I've pulled the front box, all the fuses check ok.. I'm thinking something isn't letting it run at all.. the kill switch maybe? I've tried continuansey tests on the plugs coming out of the steering, but get nothing either way, and i've tried jumping them, still nothing...is there something I'm missing?
    Customer said it ran, but wouldn't go over 20mph and had no power, then 3 weeks later he tried to start it up and it wouldn't even start...
    New battery installed by me 12.6 volts... I'm hoping im missing some fuses or something..

Carburated or fuel injected?

Have you tested the stator yet?

Were there any warnings on the MFD when the customer was having troubles?

i haven't checked the stator yet, the "maint" light flashes but only after it's been cranking for 5-10 seconds and it's showing 12v low when it does flash so i don't think that's any part of it... anyone have the values on the stator to check it? it's a 4 seater genesis 1200 2001 model

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by chev-hell View Post
    ...it's a 4 seater genesis 1200 2001 model
    Carburetors or Fuel Injected?

Quote Originally Posted by chev-hell View Post
    i haven't checked the stator yet, the "maint" light flashes but only after it's been cranking for 5-10 seconds and it's showing 12v low when it does flash so i don't think that's any part of it... anyone have the values on the stator to check it? it's a 4 seater genesis 1200 2001 model
    The values for the stator can be found in the Tech Section under Domestic Electrical. There is also a manual for the 2002 (I am sure that 99% of the info would apply to your 2001 model) craft in that section as well.

What is the battery voltage while cranking? Check it with a volt meter not the MFD.

Let us know what you find.

it's the fuel injected model, I checked with a multi-meter and got 11.5 volts while cranking (replaced batter because it was showing 10.2 while cranking... the MFD is way off too, (glad i used a multi meter)... but the fuel pump isn't coming on, nor are the injectors.. like the lanyard is pulled or something..

+1
    Faulty Crank sensor will cause your issue .Needs to have engine flywheel movement to start the ball rolling .502 relay can also cause this issue so can a faulty stop switch .Grab a multi meter and see if you have a ground on the black yellow wire when your ready to start the ski .then go looking for it

Bernie

It is TPS problem, shorcut inside, disconnect him and start motor, if it start, replace TPS.

+1
    Xantia ,You may have a point on the Tps being at fault .Usually I still get fuel pump operation on initial press of the start button .Hope it is the Tps as that is the cheapest option .Chev hell ,Don't forget to let us know what it was/is so your problem solved can help others .

Cheers

Bernie

When the TPS is shorcut , Pressure of the fuel pump -is normal,but injektors dus not opens, and no spark, it is checked.

Thread Information