Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    +1

Anyone have problems with riva IC Plumbing?

I Ran the "B" kit a couple of passes, and this happened . The clamps were real tight, but I guess the Plastic pipes can't hold up to the heat of the higher compressed air temps. Now I need a pipe made up or bought by fri, as I'm leaving for St. Pete for the FRS event. Do they sell the IC plumbing pipes separately?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0271_104.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	647.3 KB 
ID:	2891   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0269_481.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	719.4 KB 
ID:	2892  

What happened?...PR...

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    and that's on the INTAKE side.... imagine a plastic Riva exhaust pipe

my Riva thru-hull is coming off this weekend and will be for sale...

i'd go to a local place psycho and have them make you metal pipes... will take them no time at all.

+1
    I've never been a fan of plastic pipes, they can't take high temps without deforming Damm, and I just sold my spare set of PPG IC plumbing too

Quote Originally Posted by psycho rxp
    I've never been a fan of plastic pipes, they can't take high temps without deforming Damm, and I just sold my spare set of PPG IC plumbing too
    I don`t think the RR pluming would work, IC in dif locations, anyways, shibbs had good idea! go to local exhaust shop and get aluminized pipe bent up!...

Shibbs calm down bro!, Do you think this would happen to our ski`s with just the vortech impeller and IC???...PR...

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    i dunno PR.... but honestly, i still trust my riva exhaust, i'm only changing it for cosmetics, lol my IC pipes gotta match my exhaust pipe!! plus i ordered all new couplers and reducers to match

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485
    i dunno PR.... but honestly, i still trust my riva exhaust, i'm only changing it for cosmetics, lol my IC pipes gotta match my exhaust pipe!! plus i ordered all new couplers and reducers to match
    Cool you found what you were looking for! when Jerry has the riva replacement pipe from rotax, I will switch over to...
    I can`t believe that pipe deformed like that, you know how hot that has to
    get to collapse like that!
    remember when I need to tweek my pipe to the TB, and I used a heat gun on high, and had to work it several time to make that indentation!...
    well that confirms I will not be taking my ski to the next level, I`ll be satisfied which ever way it runs now...PR...

+1
    Thats what I'm probably gonna do tomorrow get something made up. I would've cut the RR pipes, and rewelded them....(already polished aluminum) I'm also getting new 50lb MSD injectors tomorrow from a local speed shop to keep it in the safe zone till I get It dialed in,and propped with a 3 blade.

Quote Originally Posted by psycho rxp
    Thats what I'm probably gonna do tomorrow get something made up. I would've cut the RR pipes, and rewelded them....(already polished aluminum) I'm also getting new 50lb MSD injectors tomorrow from a local speed shop to keep it in the safe zone till I get It dialed in,and propped with a 3 blade.
    I don`t think more fuel will keep the incoming air cooler? how was your water flow thru the IC? (even though you need the injectors for more fuel)...PR...

Gotta love this sport! 05Limited's Avatar
    +1
    psycho rxp,

I just looked at the PPG pipes and you're right... there is a section that could be cut out and probably match the Riva pipe perfectly. If there was a way I could help you by the weekend I would, but being on the West coast kinda sucks.

Hey, by the way... let me know when your 42 lb injectors are available, I could definately use them.

Sorry about the Riva plastic crap, hope you get it resolved in time.

Good luck,

Jeff

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information