Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Sea Specs sunglasses

Just saw this vendor and clicked on it...looks great, anyone have any to comment? I also noticed they sell a cooper or metallic orange color - perhaps one to match the new X models. Or does anyone suggest another brand. Looking for something that doesn't fog or look too hideous like you should be wearing a lab coat to go with the goggles.

THE OFFICAL SUPERDUTY!!!!!! superduty's Avatar
    +1
    i have the oakley waterjackets and love them they have air holes so your eyes donr tear up and the lens are impact tested a 102 mph not to break

+1
    Will check those out...of course Oakley sounds expensive but I love the blades I bought back in the day and if only they came back in style I'll pull them out of the closet.

I use Sea Specs Good Product. As for Oakley. Never again. I bought a pair of Oceans Waves much much better.But If you got the cash. Maui Jims are the ones to get. Just my opinion.

THE OFFICAL SUPERDUTY!!!!!! superduty's Avatar
    +1
    o and they come with this rain-x type of stuff too , DR Len why dont you like oakley?

I'm extremely happy with my SeaSpecs. I've been through all the eye protection that Overton's offers, and tried others before I finally got the SeaSpecs. All the other glasses/goggles either: (1) fogged up (2) flew off my head (3) still let enough wind in to blow my contacts out (4) sank to the bottom of the lake (5) disintegrated upon getting wet, etc. To me, the SeaSpecs have it all: polarization, they float, they lock to your head, they don't fog, they let the right amount of air through, they're durable.

Three for the price of two is great too; I bought one for me in the daytime (grey lens), one for the evening (brown lens), and an extra daytime pair for a passenger. I'll probably put in another order to have one pair for everyone in the boat.

Didn't mean to sound like a commercial, and I have no affiliation.

I have many pairs of Maui Jims (one for each car) and love them, but I just found that they still let too much wind in at high speeds to use in the boat.
    Last edited by VX1; 09-20-2007 at 06:12 AM.

Banned User
    what bout wearing glasses that dont have a strap???

also what is bad bout oakley cuz ive heard that more than once....way more

Seaspec good stuff

+1
    The lenses are starting to pop out of the frames on my Sea-specs after about a season of use. We have a few pairs and it's happening on a couple of them. They also have only 2 lens choices, so you're limited there. Other than that they have been ok.

Maui's or the like will not keep the wind out too good, imo.

+1
    Maui Jim, Oakley, and even Vuarnet I own and love. But those are expensive glasses. If you were to wear any eye piece not secured then you're risking them falling off if not by the wind then just being tossed around or by water knocking them off (if you love getting dirty when you ride or wet I guess is the right term). So to spend $100+ on a pair that might be donated to the depths of your water hole that's a bad day on top of all the gas you burned = expensive ride. Too, fogging is usually the biggest problem so it sounds as if the Sea Specs might be the better deal for the money although the lens tint is limited.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information