Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

My 2000 ultra 150 gps'd yesterday.

Just a little less then half a tank, got a 67.3. Later that day got 67.6 as the tank got a little emptier. That's with my weight, a cooler with drinks, a compact fishing rod with gear, and a waterproof sack with a 30 foot nylon rope and misc accessories (my front storage weighs about 20-25 pounds.

The only aftermarket accessory I have is a set of beach house sponsons. I did re-shim my pump, but the impeller and everything is all stock. And it does have a couple dings on the blades (trailing edge).

So... hopefully with the addition of a solas 16/20 impeller soon, I should pick up a mile per hour or two and some acceleration.

Just thought I'd share with you guys, and I would be interested to see other's gps results to. Anyone ever gotten higher then 67.6 on a completly stock ultra (both before and after 2000 versions)?

The original thread is here... http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=37507

I just thought I'd start this new thread as the other one started out on a different off topic.

Oh and attached is a picture I took just after the speed run. I had 4 bars but when I cut the ski off, it dropped. I guess when the front of the ski fell back into the water... I dunno.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	attach00.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	67.3 KB 
ID:	39118  

Looks like some pretty good speed for a stocker. Got some good runs in sunday ran several at 69.3 got 1 at 69.5 on reserve, but im not quiet stock. Also ran the 00 I just sold it did 67.5 with 3/4 tank. It has group k cut heads, stinger mod and a mod stock grate. Mine started this season at 64.5 with a fresh motor. I wish it had started where yours is I would alredy be over the majic 70

+1
    congrats on the speed !

+1
    Do you have an early or late 2000? You can tell by the plugs. With the early cdi and plugs you can gain an easy 1 mph if not 2 in some cases. If your going to leave it stock then thats the best cdi.

Quote Originally Posted by thesepaperwings View Post
    Do you have an early or late 2000? You can tell by the plugs. With the early cdi and plugs you can gain an easy 1 mph if not 2 in some cases. If your going to leave it stock then thats the best cdi.
    i don't know, mine runs the ngk br8es (I think that's right). They are not the expensive plugs like the 99 ultras took.

Quote Originally Posted by btldigger View Post
    Looks like some pretty good speed for a stocker. Got some good runs in sunday ran several at 69.3 got 1 at 69.5 on reserve, but im not quiet stock. Also ran the 00 I just sold it did 67.5 with 3/4 tank. It has group k cut heads, stinger mod and a mod stock grate. Mine started this season at 64.5 with a fresh motor. I wish it had started where yours is I would alredy be over the majic 70
    Mine is the original kawi motor that it came with in 00. Never been rebuilt, or had anything done to it. Perfect compression, and you could eat out of the engine compartment. It was kept up really well, I guess that's why it's performing as it is.... Maybe with a few minor mods I'll be up a few mph.

+1
    If your going to leave the motor stock then the other cdi will actually get you better speeds.....but the plugs are not cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by jcc011185 View Post
    . Perfect compression, and you could eat out of the engine compartment. It was kept up really well, I guess that's why it's performing as it is.... Maybe with a few minor mods I'll be up a few mph.
    Mine is a member of the dirty blige club It has a oil leak that I cant seem to find so I got blue crap in the bottom. Other than that it was pretty well taken care of. I also think there is some variation in hulls that can affect the speed. Meaning I think you got a good one.

Got a solas 16/20 now... not to bad price but the shipping is what blows:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...163659041&rd=1

Looks to be in good shape I did email him and asked him to make sure that it was a solas dynafly KH-DF 16/20 impeller before I pay him.

Now, how can I get the impeller off without a kawi impeller tool? I do still have my seadoo impeller tool.. perhaps it'll fit enough to get it loose? Or is there another way. I know that with the pump case split like this one will, it should be fairly easy to replace the impeller.. but if someone could walk me through it that would be great!

Good score!! The seadoo tool you have should work. You will need to remove the pump nozzel, split the pump case and remove the tail cone. There will be flats on the pump shaft under the cone so you can grab it with a wrench or put it in a vise. Then remove the impeller and put on the new one, reinstall cone and nozzel. Put just enough shims back on so the impeller doesnt rub the wear ring then tighten the bolts and recheck. You want as little clearance between the wear ring and impeller as you can get. I forget what the book calls for but mine is .005 you can check it with a feeler gauge. Dont forget the locktite on everything except the impeller. You should see a few tenths improvement on the gps, cant remember the gain I saw.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information