+1

idea 2 make more h20 flow thru i/c & motor

I was thinking...........since pump pressure forces water into engine for cooling and now kits for intercooler, we have more need for water anyway follow me for a sec

pump pressure pushes water into engine and intercooler....would it not be beneficial to use the existing sump pump exits (in exit nozzle) as a dump for the water. the point would be to use the (neg?)pressure (usually sucking water collected in hull, out...or if no water then it would be air, thereby causing turbulance)......

basically pump pushing water in and then, exit sucking it out, yeilding more water per minute. does this make sense. I apologize for the poor description i just wanted to get it out there before i forgot.

please post your thoughts.

Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1
    Are you trying to say to tee into the bilge lines for the discharge of water that was forced in by the pump to cool engine and intercooler?

Was thinking about that some time ago. Using the stock bilge as a vac assisted drain from the motor.

Couldnt bring myself to forgo the bilge though.

What would work is use the bilge through hulls to route the new IC mods so that no drilling is needed. Just the loss of the stock bilge.

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Too much water pressure into the core of that intercooler and youll have big problems. Itll pop. Probably a good idea to find out what its tested to before you send more pressure to it.

Quote Originally Posted by jtskier11 View Post
    Too much water pressure into the core of that intercooler and youll have big problems. Itll pop. Probably a good idea to find out what its tested to before you send more pressure to it.
    I dont think they want to pressurize it more, but help scavenge it more.

Interesting idea....

What if you put a y or a t fitting on the bilge hoses so they only use up one of the bilge tubes at the pump.

THen you could use one of the bilge hoses for intercooler exit

+1
    I like this idea. Connect the exhaust water hose to one of the bilge lines and put a T on the existing inbound water line to the intercooler to provide water to the fitting the the exhaust hose previously serviced. Your not adding any pressure to the intercooler just replacing warm water from the exhaust with cool water from the pump. This exchange of ideas is what this forum is suppose to be about.

Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Livin on the Edge View Post
    I like this idea. Connect the exhaust water hose to one of the bilge lines and put a T on the existing inbound water line to the intercooler to provide water to the fitting the the exhaust hose previously serviced. Your not adding any pressure to the intercooler just replacing warm water from the exhaust with cool water from the pump. This exchange of ideas is what this forum is suppose to be about.
    I bounced that exactly off R&D (except for tapping bilge for discharge). They indicated that they tried that and wasn't enough. Of course they were testing in sizzling AZ.

I don't know the price of the IC kit, but it can't be all that expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by earthshaker View Post
    Are you shure about that ??? LOL

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by earthshaker View Post
    I bounced that exactly off R&D (except for tapping bilge for discharge). They indicated that they tried that and wasn't enough. Of course they were testing in sizzling AZ.

With me the cost isn't as much the issue as not being able to reverse the modification for warranty purposes. I will take a little less performance to be able to preserve my warranty

Thread Information